Dumaguete Info Search

Forum Reputation Function Added

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Wow, there for a while, I thought my reputation was in the gutter. :D:D

Now, maybe I can build a good one. I like green. :smile:

2. 2blackbelts

2blackbelts DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    function added.

For one, I do not have selective amnesia.

I agree with Rhoody. There is too much going on to discuss my property for sale on a public forum. I just listed it so people could get ahold of me privately if interested. I didn't plan on it becoming such a topic of hot debate, bashing, and everything else.

If you want to know something, email me directly and I will answer your questions.

I feel the forum is not a place to hash out every little detail about something.

2 bb

3. Bunta

Bunta DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree Arie...I got called a pompous @ss on my first night on this forum. Apparently it's OK to do this kind of thing. No response from the Mods. Pretty slack

4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    How's this for anonymous. My names Kenny Green and your even more of a pompous @ss than I thought. Pars that.

5. Bunta

Bunta DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there Kenny,
    This is Jack and I never said anything about anonymous. It was the other guy. You know I was actually attempting and failing at a little humor when posting that first night. After reading a few of your posts it is clear to me that you and I think exactly alike politically and probably in a few other ways also. I think we can all be pompous at times but if I lived there you and I would probably be good friends....

6. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It sounds like a plan.....Really it is an option we can you or not use it is up to the members. Everyone likes to post their views of others comment on here as in the example Dane has given. Sometimes some members not all don't like change, especially if it works against them. There is a reason for this change or why would someone put the effort into doing it.
    It will be interesting to see how members use it to post their comment. But sounds like we will might have to watch our P&Q for future comments against us. Time will tell all.....

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    There are certain rules for giving reputation, I give you some examples, New members cant give reputations (actually they can but they don't count and show up). you also need to spread a number of reputation around before judging the first one again. Older members with many posts have usually more rep power, and and and.

It is not that much used here but since we added it, older valuable members climbing up and some of them have 2 or 3 green spots for the given fact that they give good info to other members and are appreciated. while people coming in and talk crap in the first few posts get one on the head, fair enough...

In general there is a 10:1 ratio good/bad reputations. could go on and on, but

well enough backstage talk...

out for beer

Rhoody

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bunta

Bunta DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK Rhoody,
    I am new to your forum but have lived in the P.I. for 12 years and now in Thailand for the last three. I have contributed quite a lot to other S.E.Asian forums and have traveled to Japan, Korea, Philippines, China Mainland and Taiwan, Cambodia, did the Vietnam tour in '72 , Lao and Burma recently. I have been around the block a few times and don't appreciate the name calling or being treated like a kid. Most forums simply do not allow name calling,period. Yours is a small forum and apparently run "by the good old boys". That's fine. Where I was coming from is this: I am married to a Filipina and having spent 12 years there in the Philippines I have a certain love of the place. Here in Thailand as other places, Filipina teachers are being shunned from many teaching posts in international schools because their English is getting worse, generation by generation. This saddens me. So at times my pompous @ss makes me comment on their English not to criticize so much but rather to make some aware that improvement can take them to a higher level.If no one points out certain mistakes, they are unaware that mistakes are even made and the downhill slide continues. The state of textbooks in the Philippines is atrocious. i.e. "my brother,she likes bananas" , etc . etc. So basically I try to make improvements when I shouldn't. Just my nature. Wrong as it is there doesn't need to be name calling in a civilized forum. But you will do as you will. Vent over, signed Pompous @ss

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    No worries mate...got me beat in the Philippines by ten years and thailand by 1.5....I'm a member of a few others...and have to say this is the most pleasant and helpful..by far. I was also in Vietnam in 72...Bien Hoa and environs...PM me....we can compare notes on when the base blew up...etc.....we may have been in the same neighborhood....not many to choose from then as it wound down. For my sins, got moved on to spend time mostly on the Thai side of the Lao border in 73...but no complaints...hated leaving....great people Northern Thais and Laos...

Maybe you've caught the wrong posts, but I find most here very civil - and gained a lot of insight here. Bit localized, but you get that - it is a Dumaguete board. Anyway, welcome aboard and the opinion and assistance from a veteran of the region will be much appreciated!

10. Bunta

Bunta DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Garbonzo for an actual friendly post.Yeah if and when I get back to Dumaguete we will have to compare notes. I agree that some fine folks are in Northern Lao and the general Golden Triangle area.And now after your post I'm thinking some good folks in your area also. Thanks again,Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.