Dumaguete Info Search

Found out Dgte resident friend's been robbed twice

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by ViperACR, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hmmmmm ....just wondering, is visayas a foriegner (American)? If he is against the Philippines why bother himself to be part in this nice and informative forum? Thought visayas is from the visayan island. :confused:

2. chi town

chi town DI Member Showcase Reviewer Air Force Active Duty

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Why does someone with a different opinion automatically hate the Philippines? How closed minded are you people on this web site? I lived in America all my life and I know Dumaguete is one thousand per cent safer than Chicago. I just don't understand the mentality of attacking someone for bringing up ideas and facts that are not all sunshine and roses in terms of living in the Philippines.

Chi Town

3. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I clearly provided a link to my source. Click on the words "An Uphill Struggle Against Crime" in one of my previous posts---it is a link that will take you directly to my well-documented and unbiased source.

Who cares about the drug situation in Thailand?! This is a Philippines forum for people who are considering visiting or moving to the Dumaguete area. So naturally they are more interested in the drug situation around Dumaguete. One thing is for sure, the Philippines produces far more cocaine than Thailand or the USA.

4. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for your display of common sense and fairness. I also have no doubt that Dumaguete is far safer than Chicago. A small city of only a little more than 100,000 BETTER BE safer than a city of several million people.

I have nothing against the Philippines, Negros or Dumaguete. But foreigners who are considering moving there, have the RIGHT to know that there are serious problems to be faced.

According the the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Philippine Army (PA), there are some serious security issues on Negros. I have already documented terrorist assaults on police stations and CAFGU units on Negros, which killed multiple police officers and other security personnel.

I have also documented the planned attacks on the geothermal power station and the Philippine national oil company in Valencia.

The PNP has also stated that subversive elements have established a significant gun running operation on Negros. The Philippine mainstream news media has reported on this as well.

A Filipina who marries an American is naturally concerned about her safety, when she is brought to his home in a country that is strange to her. She wants to KNOW that she will be living in a safe area, and she has the RIGHT to know.

Likewise, foreigners from other countries also have a right to be concerned about their safety while in the Phils. Anybody who tells you that foreigners aren't the frequent targets of criminals in the Phils, is being extremely dishonest.

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I mentioned neighboring Thailand because it’s way worst than the Philippines at that time in connection to your allegations of the Philippines being a top world producer of drugs.

Why do make so much fuzz when I mentioned Thailand ,when infact I couldn’t care much either about your mention of NYC as the safest of US cities…after the 9/11 ? More than 3000 dead ? I am not in the USA , neither am I planning to live over there and many here aren’t Americans either so….Not any offense to nice americans.

Although many can’t deny the Philippines involve in somekind of production of drugs like cannibis .But most hard drugs coming to the Philippines are obtained through smuggling via container ships,boats ,apart from grass which can be produced locally and known in circulation in the Philippines since ,even few in dumaguete/negros have hidden gardens or a small flower pot of canibis,so this might be one the Philippines is good at . But I can’t see this country surpassing the ranks as major producer.If looking at countries ranking the major or top world producers of hard drugs , you can count on validity of information pointing at Afghanistan , North Korea, ,Columbia ,Peru ,even Thailand is on the list…but Philippines as world top producer ? Give me a break . I never heard ,neither read that.

You can look at these following links of the White House and CIA sites,these are sources that convey more authority in terms of informations and not perhaps from your sources of just Philippine tabloids lols :D :

List of Major Illicit Drug-Producing or Major Drug-Transit Countries

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/fields/2086.html

To be honest we need valid informations from reliable and respectable sources ,for many of us who might be missing a lot of information to date ,I do appreciate that .But in giving information with the intention to alienate us from the truth just to prove your point ,out of only personal speculations and guesses,or browsing through pages of daily tabloids.:wink:

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

In literal sense ,there's no such fight here Chi . We are not subjectively attacking anyone here for silly and biased reasons because of blinded allegiance to the this country.What we needed here are reliable /valid sources of info in support to the astonishing report posted here,and we will appreciate that.

As you made mentioned of ' mentality ' ...the worst mentality I can think of @Chi town are those that will accept and believe or do anything as said or asked for without a question.That is dangerous .

7. chi town

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    It seems that this kind of response does no good for the flow of information both pro and con on a given subject. Nor does one blindly believe any opinions and information given by parties promoting their point of view. I like to read what people have to say, do my own research and form my own opinon. Thanks for the views of everyone on this subject.

8. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It's only a matter of opinion Chi town whether you like it or not .

Just wondering actually whether you are VISAYAS but in a diff ID LOLS.:D

9. chi town

Ratings:
    +47 / 1
    Newt,

Have been reading this forum and have noticed that many discussions break down to personal attacks and stray from the original topic. No, I am not VISAYAS and what does that have to do with the subject matter? But we know you hate Americans so why bother to talk to you. That's just my personal opinion, whether you like it or not. LOL

Chi Town

10. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I can see why discussions break down, because now you are even accusing me of hating americans.I need to know which of my posts here rants against americans, or anyone here there that can give insight if I did it . Your accusations against me is absolute lie.Kind of B S again. Can't u take a lil humour? :rolleyes:

I guess now i do,at least with one here.:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.