Dumaguete Info Search

Frustrated with Globe!!

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Reedy, What area are you in? I think you have mentioned it earlier but I was searching posts and could not find it. Are you near near Sibulan city or south of dumaguete?

2. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    Reedee,
    I am glad you found something to get connected. I hope this works out for you and good to know. Unfortunately there is no 3G tower in Tambobo or I would give this a try. Sorry I could not provide you with any additional info, but per the above request my advice was limited. Good Luck.

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Candau-ay

Tom,
    We are in Candau-ay, which is West of the city straight down Dumaguete-Palipinon Road.

4. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks

Our Place is over by forest Camp.

5. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    78kbps? God have mercy on us,,,,that plan is supposed to be up to 2MBPS, I hope they can improve their service same with their misleading advertisements, not because globe s*cks but becuase they are better than globe. The Lock-in Period is 24 months right?

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Well, that is quite slow, but I have been suffering through 4 days of cripplingly slow speeds and intermittent outages. The service number claims it's a nation-wide problem.

Are others experiencing this?

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Iron Man2 1.2 GB downloaded under 2 hrs (parallel to 50 other downloads and working)... Globe here... no complaints

8. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PLDT has problem these days,,and smart is owned by pldt maybe smart it effected too.

9. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Smart

Yes, 24 month commitment. Of course, our first choice was Globe, but they pretty much refused to get us service, so it was Smart Bro or nothing, and if customer service means anything, they were at our house within 24 hours of us contacting them, so right now, we are satisfied with our internet.

10. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Probably no port available. Or if there are available ports these have been reserved or are faulty. Your only option is if someone gets disconnected or if they decide to augment current facility.

Did you ask if WiMAX is available in the area? No phone line though but quite stable and steady @ 1mb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.