Dumaguete Info Search

Future locatation of SM City Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Manzanita, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Sorry if this is old news, a friend of mine was Googling the city and he ran across the future site of SM's future mall here...

SM Mall Dumaguete +-7 hectares

Cool :cool:!

2. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is good news. Is this official already?

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    As far as I know, SM already purchased 2 potential spots, but call it precaution, there are absolutely no plans to build something as of now.

4. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh i see. Well i dont think also that they want to have a competition as early as in this period of time. Also as what i observed these two main malls actually never rise up in same time. Maybe because it depends of the growing needs of the public or growth of the city or province.

5. hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    welll, a lot of that wiki's are not proper monitored, There is a group of young guys in Dumaguete who are celebrating the next mall in Dumaguete as soon a hand full of sand and a shovel falls of a truck...

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    SM is known for not only building and operating malls, but as a large scale real estate investor. They are very good at it too!

HOME - SM Investments Corporation

8. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    would be nice to have, but from what I can see now,they cant fill the one they have now. lots of empty spaces yet.

9. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Oh no, not another one. The city is already crowded as it is. I hope it doesn't happen.

10. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Robinson's a White Elephant?

Too true and Robinson's Department Store seems to have a dearth of paying customers, as does its cinema (most of the time - P100 too expensive for Dumaguete?), appliance store and handyman. The supermarket seems to have limited space and choice - not what I was hoping for. Not much accommodation for the numerous foreigners. They had a small but reasonable selection of wines when it opened, but now it's just Dona Elena, Novellino (is it even wine) and similar crap. It pains me to have to go back to Y Not and pay their prices for a decent bottle of wine, but no other choice. Unless anyone knows better?

I don't understand the pricing system here. I would expect wines and spirits to be a little more expensive than Manila, but some are horrendously expnsive. I like a drop of Drambuie; which I can buy in Manila for P800 a bottle. It's available in Monterey for P1,950!!!!! the cheapest I found it for was P1,100 in a shop without A/C and it looked like it had been there forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.