Dumaguete Info Search

Future locatation of SM City Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Manzanita, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Thanks, yes, I do seem to fit right in. Every year I find less to complain about, and enjoy myself more. No place is perfect, and if I was someplace that upset me so much that I had nothing to do but complain, I would move. In fact, that is what brought me here! I have learned to accept many things the way they are, and to not require those things that are not readily available to my liking.

Let's just say I have a desire to enjoy life and attempt to look at the bright side as much as possible, rather than sit and complain about everything I cannot control. A little savvy has taught me to not sweat the small stuff quite so much. It's not healthy nor productive, and people tend to shun those who are always negative, for good reason.

Cheers!

Larry

2. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Larry,

This is fun, aren't you enjoying it too?

Before it get's boring I'd just like to say. Larry you are complaining. You're complaining about me.

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The longer we discuss Drambuie the more i wonder if we talk about the same Drambuie as seen here:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drambuie

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    you guys should all get together with a few bottles and get pissed. :wink:

all this talk. :rolleyes:

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Good idea, Old Codger brings the (full) bottles) as he can buy them cheap and i get the (empty) glasses.
    Everybody happy (i guess)

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Yes, I was rather enjoying it. I wasn't complaining, but I was trying to point out to you how unhappy you seemed about living here. Evidently that part was lost on you. Keep up with the jokes, laughter is the best medicine.

No further comment.

Larry

7. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Corks on wine bottles are on the way out,screw tops seem to be the modern way to seal wine bottles now.
    I think it is due to a shortage of cork bark trees,mostly grown in Portugal,and the cost of them increasing.
    So,you don't have to lie them down now or getting a bottle "corked".
    But of course they look better in a wine rack on their side.

8. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Actually, if my memory serves me right, I understand that the reason they are changing from traditional corks to metal screw tops and synthetic corks is due to a virus attacking the cork. Nevertheless there are still plenty of "corks".

9. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    Not sure how you deduced that Larry, that I was unhappy, but you're 100% wrong.

10. Old Codger

Old Codger DI Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 16
    That's the one. The favorite tipple of Bonnie Prince Charlie, bless his cotton socks! If indeed he had any socks at all. Drank loads of the stuff, even in Russia. They give GOOD measures in Russia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.