Dumaguete Info Search

Gangs of Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by ViperACR, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are a wise native Dumaguetean, Kuting. Thank you for telling the truth, and for refusing to wear rose-colored glasses.

Of course, in my opinion the Marine officer wasn't trying to say that the Phils is completely lawless. He probably just meant that there was a lot of lawlessness in some areas.

Most Americans know that the average Filipino is law-abiding. However, those who try to cover up the fact that the crime rate in the Philippines is high, aren't doing the Philippines any favors.

For a problem to be solved, it must first be acknowledged that the problem exists. Then there must be resolve on the part of the people, to do away with the problem.

People who deny there is a crime and insurgent problem in the Philippines, remind me of alcoholics and drug addicts who refuse to admit they have a substance abuse problem. They aren't doing themselves or anybody else any good by remaining in denial.

2. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So people won't think I'm trying to pick on Dumaguete, I will first of all state that pollution exists in every country on earth, whether first world or third world.

However, I would like to point out that there are only a few reasons why the coral would be dying. Normal, legal fishing activities won't do any significant harm to the coral.

Two of the major causes of dying coral in the Philippines are illegal fishing with cyanide, and pollutants being released into the water.

I believe some Duma residents right here on this forum have acknowledged that human sewage is being released into the water in the Duma area. I believe the city is trying to address this very real problem right now, by trying to build a public sewage disposal and treatment system in the city.

Whether it be human sewage or cyanide causing the dying coral, I don't think swimming in that particular area is wise.

I'm just stating an opinion, so swim where you wish. :smile:

3. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's too late, we all know you pick on Dumaguete, and you do a great job of it.:D

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    ...in denial ?

Wrong words . No one is denying the problem of crime and insurgency of the Dumaguete /negros oriental /Philippines past and present .I have noticed you are fond of putting your own words in people's mounths .Everyone here had acknowledged one way or the other this growing problem .But all your posts were filled with entirely negative description you can all find to put your point across . Sadly many of your quoted references don't even strongly suggest convincing details in support to what you're talking about,guess can't find so much that'll support all you wanted to say otherwise they'll all come flooding in .

5. Visayas

Visayas Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, my words were the RIGHT WORDS!

YOU are STILL in denial!

Virtually all of the articles I posted were from the Philippine National Police, the Philippine Military, the Philippine Information Agency, and the Philippine news media!

You are calling your own officials and people liars!

My articles are VERY convincing to anybody with intelligence and common sense!

6. joernhh

joernhh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I visit DGTE in March for roundabout three weeks and I feel safety in this nice city in all day and nighttimes. Wow, I`ll come back!!! Joern

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    :smile:
    Thanks joernhh for your uplifting post. Yes, my husband and I visit Dumaguete once a year and stay for three weeks each time, and we love to walk even at night just for a stroll, and to a restaurant nearby our place and we feel safe talking to friendly people we met along the way. Please do come back to this beautiful city, again!!! :smile:

8. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Some people are scared of their own shadows.....

If Dumaguete scares ya, than why don't go somewhere else?

9. jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont kick them out of country!

Hey...
    This is like saying "if terrorism scares ya, then why dont you leave planet earth?"
    Some people have decided for whatever reasons to live in phil/dumaguette. And as a resident, they are pointing out what they perceive as problems, so that those issues can be disscussed and perhaps something can be done about them.
    I dont consider people who complain about problems of their own respective countries to be unpatriotic... Heck, goverment officials complain all the time about many things wrong with the very countries they were elected to serve! But i dont think anyone calls them unpatriotic or calls upon them to leave the country, noh?

10. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bad metaphor there jss. Its very doubtful that anyone would be able to leave the planet, but if a foreigner from the other side of the world can find Dumaguete, than he's most likely got the resources to keep steppin' and find someplace more suitable to their timid personality than scary, horrible Dumaguete City (home of gentle people)

Perhaps Brooklyn, Chicago, downtown L.A., Miami, New Orleans or Detroit?

LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.