Dumaguete Info Search

German sausage and bread

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Travellingman, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Well, I still buy my bread from the "German Breadman" in Bacong.
    Since he started with it I have been his customer.
    He brings the bread the next morning after he receives your order per txt or phone call. I have tried various other suppliers (Why Not, Lee Plaza, Ricky's, Belgian baker, Casablanca...) of which some have more tasty bread, but against a higher price. French baguette I don't buy from Peter (not what I expect from a baguette !).
    The fact that Peter the bread-man delivers at my house is for me (apart from the good taste) the biggest pluspoint.
    And yes, I had (like Rhoody) also one or two occasions in the past years that the bread was NOT delivered the next morning.
    But he always had send me a txt-message in which he told me the inconvenience (e.g. due to problems with the oven).

Last week I bought Frankfurter sausages for the barbecue. Excellent taste. I bought them at Monterey (near Spanish Heritage/Cafe Antonio) at the corner of the boulevard. Not cheap but ....... jammy jammy !
    Cheese (Dutch :smile:) and other stuff like smoked ham I buy at Why Not and tried also now Casablanca: you pay at those places a bit more but the taste is like I am used to at 'home'.

2. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @jellyfish:

is peter delivering his bread with his wife, christe? say hello from me. she's my cousin/nichtje.

greetings from cold old holland,
    josephen

3. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    A quick survey to the men in this forum, women included if they want to:

How close would you put your lips to this baby??

Attached Files:

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    You can also find bratworst, hungarian sausage,smoked ham and that kind of stuff in super Lee Plaza in the frozen section from a Swiss compagnie in Davao.
    Sometimes there is a big stock and than for some weeks you will not find any.
    The price in Lee Plaza is about the same as Why Not.

5. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Cold Holland ???? I hear from my family and on internet that the summer is fantastic. Or is it different in Friesland ? :smile:
    Peter has his bread since quite some time now delivered by an employee.
    I will ask him next time if his wife is Christe and will give him and her your regards, Josephen.
    He is a hard working guy and I hope he will succeed with his next bakery which he has planned in a new resort here near to us (Dauin, next to Peoples Resort, the Korean resort).

6. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I would immediately bite in it, since to me this is a part of a sausage with a special shape :D

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm, my girlfriend advised me NOT to talk too much about the yummy german sausage... whatever she means with that ?? :eek:

here is some bread of the bakeshop next to my house which looks a bit strange...

Attached Files:

8. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks, jellyfish! I hope it is the same Peter, haha. But his family name I think is Fuchs.
    Anyway, I do not know how Friesland is these days (have to check the weather update, haha). I only study in Friesland and since I am only doing my thesis, I have not been there for quiet some time now.
    I have for the past 9 years lived in Paterswolde, bordering Groningen. And now for 5 months here in Assen (Drenthe).

Yes, it is very tropical here at the moment. My 'cold old' was just to fit 'Holland', haha.
    We are enjoying nice weather here and hoping it will stay for a while.

Have a fine day everyone,
    Josephen

9. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    @rhoody:

with respect to food which gives nutrients to our body...but if i am thinking the same as your g/f, could it be ...bread? haha!

10. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what kind of bread is that rhoody????? i am a local but i had never seen those kind of bread before.....
    hmmmmm..... german breads? i recall my boss before he used to cook in the office with this bread..... so tempting because of the baking process.... it smells good in the microwave. I remember cheese and what do you call that long cylindrical in shape from pork or beef.... men!!!!! they are good and stuffy in your stomach.

cheersss!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.