Dumaguete Info Search

Getting cash in Duma

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2011.

1. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was aware of the KLR 650s available, thanks. Come to think of it, I know one American riding one who still shows up at McD once in a while.

I rode my 200 Honda all over Cebu and Negros 10yrs ago, putting about 16,000 km on it total.

It was okay, though I'd rather have kept the XT 600 Yamaha I had in Dgte that I'd bought in Cebu .. I think it's still in town somewhere. I sold it to a Norwegian friend and he traded it I think for a VMax or something.

I see Yamaha makes a nice XT 660..

2. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kawasaki Philippines are sourcing Thailand made bikes, the 250 Ninja and the 650 twin (ER 6 N) ??. Its cheap due to the "no tax" I think because its imported from another Asian country. I can not remember the model name or number. It gets very good reviews. The local dealer here has one on display, think he has sold a couple and Emcor have pricing for it.

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes the 650cc is the Ninja model. Thanks for posting its whereabouts as well. You realize that if someone buys that bike out from under me my head is going to explode right? If I had hair I would be ripping it out after all these issues with the money.

4. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a look at the Kawasaki Ninja 650 the other day. Beautiful finish, in lime green. I noticed it has tubeless tires, you might consider buying some tubes to carry as I seem to get a puncture about every 6 months.

One advantage with the XR 200 is that they have been around for a long time, and a puncture is easily repaired. Generally they put something under the engine when the remove a wheel to support the bike. Thats not possible on the kawasaki.

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bought it. I was actually quite surprised how much easier and sport bike is to drive than other motorcycles I have driven in the past. Driving in the city is a bit of a pain but certain manageable. Thanks for all the advice from everyone. Helpful as always.

6. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There was a dealer in Cebu near Fuente selling a two cylinder/two carbs (I think) 350cc Chinese made enduro. The same engine that was in the choppers they had for sale.

I don't remember the prices, but they seemed overpriced..:rolleyes:

7. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was at your dealer and they just got another bike like yours in yesterday. It's Kawasaki green. What color is your?

How's the bike doing for you?

8. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ..I was just told tonight that someone I know was involved in a serious accident on a recently purchased 650 Kawasaki. I guess he's still in the hospital. I'm going to find out which one he is at and go see him.

9. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just updating: That wasn't me in a crash. Had a few close calls, but hey, 99% of the drivers are Asian. It should kinda be expected. Recently took the bike on a trip to Bacolod, the way there I took the San Carlos route, the way back the Mibinay route. Both an amazing ride on a ninja. You can really lean into the curves, plus the views are amazing on both routes.

I noticed they have another 650 ninja and one XR1000 ninja in the Gud Motors shop. Although I think a 650 is about all you need in the Philippines, the roads just aren't good enough for much more (plus you have to remember all those Asian drivers). I've had the 650 up to 170kph and that was insane here. Any faster would be suicidal.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Typo??

:eek: was that 1.70, 17.0 or 170 Kph. :D

Glad to hear it was not you in the Accident, long time no hear from you.
    At times, any Speed here is Insane. :wink:

Trust all is well with you, after your trip.

Jack P. :smile: