Dumaguete Info Search

Getting cash in Duma

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That was 170kph, somewhere between Bacolod and Mibinay. Had about 2km of road visibility. I did wet myself just a bit though.

I just arrived in Duma on the 3rd. Been a bit busy since I have arrived. Haven't had (read 'made') time to even hook up internet in the apartment. Too many "distractions. Ha.

2. leonard

leonard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try leo at bank of commerce on the blvd

3. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    In a small city like Dumaguete, I think it is dangerous to be riding the big bike because our streets here are very narrow, there are too many crawling trykes everywhere, people crossing anywhere, or pigs, dogs, goats, carabaos might suddenly cross the streets when you pass by certain areas. Small bikes are ideal for a small city like Duma.

4. devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    During my 6 week stay in Dumaguete I just went to the bank ATM which is linked to the same system as Bank of America and took out money. I got charged a non-BofA service fee of a few dollars, but I was able to get cash whenever I needed it.

5. blodgee

blodgee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know this is an old post but I too bought a motorcycle in the Philippines and was surprized I couldn't use my Visa card to pay for it. No problem.I just went to a Bank (Can't remember which one) and used the Visa to get a cash advance of 70,000P.I don't even remember having to show ID.

6. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I went through this same issue and search like many others. There simply is no cash advance sort of thing here that I could find. What I ended up doing having a BPI account and using xoom to transfer bank to bank. Costs $6 and can send $3k or up to $6k a month if approved for the larger transactions. It takes for your first time maybe 8-12 hours at least for me but after that seems to be fairly fast.