Dumaguete Info Search

girlie bars

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by hal1955, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Mate, Dumaguete is a great City without that stuff... :rolleyes:

2. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To: Unionjack & Pedro, Expats will always have that kind of reputation since the Philippines is a well known R & R place for fun. I do agree that Dumaguete is not the kind of place for those activities. Lets be honest here guys and put our cards on the table here. It does not matter if you get a clean decent woman or a wh*re, in the end you will still be paying for it. Your not going to wipe out a century of sexual activities and reputations by insulting and telling poor Hal1955 to go to Thailand. You guys are there to retire in Dumaguete for good with your wives and relatives keeping an eye on you for the rest of your days. The world still turns and moves on for other people. It really bothers me when I see old expats talk against fellow foreignors for going to the bars and picking up girls, especially when they done the same activities when they first arrived in the Philippines. I have seen a lot of long nose expats with their money get a filipina wife and turn them into their personal house maid for free. I know that there are a lot of good expats out there that are not like that either and live decent good lives too. Stop telling people like HAL1955 to go to Thailand cause that is not the answer. We all choose our path and live our lives the way we want it, Please respect that even if it is not up to your own standards.

3. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I think Dumaguete has a lot to offer already without having to turn the pretty boulevard into a chain of brothels.
    Feel free to do whatever, just do not do it on my doorstep.

4. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To: Union Jack, I'm not here to pick a fight with any members. Dumaguete city is a public place for anyone. Times and places change, not always for the better. If your door step is near Why Not or the Music Box then you need to take up your complaints to the owners and the town Mayor. The other problem it's not just foreignors it's filipinos that promote these kind of activities. The best kept secret paradise of Dumaguete city is getting to be well known to many foreignors. Your getting a bigger shopping center that means more money more people. Sooner or later the Universities and small schools will lose control of the Dumagauete local government. When that happens ,then money will change hands and go go bars will open. Thats big money for the locals and it will take years for that to happen, but it's coming. I'm not saying thats a good thing. Angeles City is growing fast and new hotels and buildings are being built all the time creating many jobs. You would be shocked to find out that many of these bargirls have college degrees and just can't find any work. Just think for a minute on what happens when a student graduates from schools in Dumaguete. Most get their degree and get the hell out of town to find work and often don't come back. That hurts the city and they can't keep educated qualified people around to earn real money. That is another reason why you can't get good medical treatment in the hospitals and clinics cause people leave. Yes, I agree that Dumaguete has a lot to offer, but only for the retired foreignors. What about the poor locals that have nothing? Just remember one thing Union Jack. The filipinos are trying to turn the pretty boulevard into a chain of brothels not the foreignors.

5. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    WOW who sh*t in your cornflakes?

6. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ha ! ha ! ha ! Nobody bikerdave, just had to put my 2 pesos of thought into the pot lol!!! I will give the bowl of cornflakes to Union Jack and Pedro.

7. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good post Steve, but paradise? gees Hagerstown must be a right hell hole if Dumaguete is paradise, joke joke as they here. good wishes

8. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Eddy, Hagerstown is not a hell hole, just a small boring little town with lots of history near the mountains. Hagerstown was in the middle of the civil war always being recaptured. I miss the Philippines very much and I miss Dumaguete as well. I feel comfortable with my wifes family there and I know that I will be in good hands when I retire. I'm just plain tired of the United States and need a change in my life.

9. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Just who are you speaking for?

Where are you getting that? I do not know a single filippino dad in Duma who wants their daughter hanging out at Why Not to pick up long noses for support. Just because they have nothing does not mean that all will lower their standard. Yes I know many expats met their GF and even future wives that way and the lucky ones have wives that stuck with tradition while some get the same deal they would get in the states but I always figure they get what they deserve so it really does not bother me. I just do not want to encourge that scene.

If someone wants to come to Duma/PI I rather they come to find a "good" woman who will make a difference in their life but I guess some guys and girls are just not that smart.

10. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Mate, you've been to Dumaguete at all ? there might be a place or two where tourists can find GRO's at the Boulevard, but ALL of them are foreigner owned and they make the rules... so who tries to turn it in to that direction...

you have obviously no clue about Dumaguete :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.