Dumaguete Info Search

Glass Window Shop

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by l.naegel@gmx.net, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. l.naegel@gmx.net

l.naegel@gmx.net DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dear my friends,

Many years ago (more than 20) I lived and worked in Dumaguete and after this in Manila with good and bad experiences, but I have still many friends there. Now I am living and working in Mexico (with good and bad experiences) and my wife (Filipina) wants to return to her home-land. For this she is building a house in Sibulan. I am sure you can understand the difficulties to do this from far away in Mexico. We spent a lot of phone calls, but everything in Sibulan is moving slowly and with problems. However, we learnt a lot.

Now my friends we have an "easy" question: Can you recommend to us (with phone number and if possible with email address) a glass window shop in Dumaguete? We need a cost estimate for all the windows which have to be installed.

When you are looking for a real peaceful place in this world, then please consider Baja California Sur in Mexico. The name of the main capital of this Mexican State is La Paz. The name says a lot! I can give you informations if you like.

Hoping to hear from you.

Friendly yours,

Ludwig

2. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a person who is in the window business next door....and he is reasonable. He can get you tented windows to save on sun damage to your furniture or save on airconditioning. He is replacing windows in a remodeling job next door to me and he is going to give me an estiment replacing my old casement windows which some of the handles are broken. He told me estiments are free. Do you have a phone # that I can give to him this afternoon when he comes home?

Alan

3. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have talked to the owner of the glass company this evening. The name of the Company is SHELLO, Glass & Aluminium Supply & Services. contact # 09192960709 or 09395141344 Located in Sac-Sac, Bacong. Negros Oriental. Philippines. Hope this helps your project move alittle faster. I have seen there work..looks good.

Al Ward

4. Germex

Germex DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much for your answer but Bacong is just too far from Cangmating.

5. greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have used a glass and aluminum business which is 1km south of the city centre, 300 metres south of Robinsons Supermarket. It is opposite the Shell gas station in Mangnao, a lot closer than Bacong, but maybe still on the wrong side of the city for you?

6. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why worry? Is your wife and/or family in Cangmating? They surely know that Sibulan has her own glass supply.
    My brother works there and they have customers as far as Cebu and Siquijor. My brother lives in Cangmating, too! Beach area.

PM me when able (or did i disable that?).

7. cj04

cj04 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    re:Glass & aluminimum windows & doors attntion:Ludwig

Hi Ludwig,

Here is a reliable & can be trusted company located in Sibulan itself. I highly recommend REMAN AUTO GLASS & ALUMINUM SUPPLY;Business PHONE # 01163-35-419-8480/ 01163-35-226- 6243. owner: Rey Tago.
    We do all kinds of glass & aluminum works including glass tinting & car tint.

I been working in this company for almost 10 years, but i am now here in Califronia. You can contact that number and tell him that his former employee Charie is the one who recommend it you.

Be aware that some glass installer don't have their business establishment and just work as a freelancer and if you have complain they are nowhere to be find. i hope you understand what i mean.
    If your wife is a native of sibulan i hope she has an idea about the area. Reman Glass can be found along the highway of Sibulan after the Catholic church. The family of your wife can go there and check it out & do the negotation.
    My boss will surely make a good deal to you, quotation and estimate is always free.

BTW, are you guys in Philippines now or still in Mexico? 'coz if you are in Philippines then you can check it out by yourself, negotation is very nice when it is in Person..right?. Besides, you can see the products to be use...

I know all the glass company & the freelancer (Almost 100%) in the entire Dumaguete & Sibulan....

Note:
    an establishment has a reliable business phone number but a free lancer uses only a cellphone number... got me? (:

I can recommend a very good engineer too, if you need one.

Should you have more questions, then leave it here & i'll answer you....

God bless!

Charie

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yes, REMAN is good. That is where my brother works!

9. cj04

cj04 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah Jo u r right, REMAN is real good... what is the name of your bro anyway?

10. josephen

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    (hmmm - do i need to do it here? dili na ta ani ma anonymous, haha)

DongCal - try to guess...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.