Dumaguete Info Search

GOHOTEL is Coming to Dumaguete City

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by jundem, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    HD2, if your primary purpose for your Feb trip is diving, you might want to consider staying at one of the many good resorts in Dauin, rather than the city. No problem going into the city at night but you might not be happy going from the city to dive sights in the am then back to the city. At least that is what I did when I lived in Makati and came here to dive. Just letting you know of another approach.

2. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thanks for that tip. Your advice is appreciated. I need to become more familiar with the locations and resorts. I'm typically not a resort type of guy as the resorts many times seem to isolated from the cultural center of cities. I don't really want to be surrounded by other Americans when I'm on vacation but prefer the citizens of the country I'm visiting......I get plenty of Americans and tourists here at home in Hawaii.

3. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    HD2, plenty of Aussies, Brits, Danes, Dutch, German, and many others, and of course, our hosts, the City of Gentle People ..

4. hawaiidiver2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was probably wrong in talking about Americans as most don't choose to go to Asia for holiday as we have great weather and beach places right here...Hawaii, Florida, South Carolina, Puerto Rico, etc.....but seems the the PI is quite the "United Nations" line up for other "western" people......I lived in Brussels so spent time in NL, Lived in Norway and new a few Danes, I work with an Aussie, a Brit and a German in the dive business here in Hawaii......so I can get a sense of their personality/culture..........now about those "Gentle People".....they are who I want to get to know......

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    When i left Belgium a few months ago, Brussels was still the capital of Belgium.
    But things are changing fast, so maybe Brussels is part of the Netherlands now.

6. hawaiidiver2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    .......you must not have heard then that the French speakers..aka Walloons...sold off most of the city to the Dutch despite being located in Flanders, they decided Brussels should be part of NL.

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    That would be great news but hard to believe that the Dutch want a district with a 30 %+ jobless rate and a deficit bigger than Greece and Ireland combined.

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Brussels is the Capital of western Europe, that's where they make these
    crazy half baked rules for the EEC. :rolleyes:

9. hawaiidiver2

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I loved living there...right on Ave Louise about 500m from the Bois de la Cambre. The weather was the shits, but great food, people and close to so many other countries.

10. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    No problem about how to get these tourists here with only two planes flying each day. They won't be flying on the same day, right? So the two planes can easily bring them here on schedule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.