Dumaguete Info Search

Great Angus Steak at CB

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by PatO, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +2,865 / -1
    It has not been often in the Philippines, including Makati, that I can say I had a great steak equal to what I would have in the U.S. Tonight Casablanca had Angus Steak as one of their many specials of the night. It was tender enough to cut with a fork and came with a sauce and mashed potatoes and veggies. I have always enjoyed his Casablanca steak but this was a cut above. While pricey for here at 795, it was well worth the splurge, IMHO.

2. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    Now just imagine pairing that up with Your Favorite Joseph Phelps Cabernet, Priceless!

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +2,865 / -1
    John, your killing me! Miss those California cabs. Gunther has some pretty decent wines but no market here for Caymus level wines. However, the Shangri-la Mactan Cebu has a wine shop, as does their Makati hotel, which carries top California cabs. Also, the Cav Restaurant and Wine in Fort Bonafacio carries an excellent choice. But I am here so making do with what I can find, and not so bad.
    How are you doing in Cal John, hope you make it back ASAP. Cheers

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    Pat I agree with you, I will be there Monday.
    Ron

5. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    We've had the steak at Casablanca a few times and it has always been excellent.

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +2,865 / -1
    Ron, I will be there tonight as well. If you make it, could you take over the piano and play and sing America the Beautiful so I know who you are?

7. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    That Piano guy is needed like a big yellow MRSA-boil as my salad dressing, could not find out when his off day is, but as of now, we approach, look through the window .... and go somewhere else...

Some might appreciate his talent but do you REALY know people going there BECAUSE of him ? I know people staying away because of him.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    Shoot's I just got home from CB, I had the Mexican platter and my friend had the Angus steak. Oh poo it was great. Sorry I can't play the piano and my singing is not so great, but wish it was.:D
    I'm not the guy Gass is talking about, But he is working an Carnival cruise lines now and plays here in his off time. As for me he added atmosphere and was cool.
    Ron

9. patty

patty DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +253 / -0
    Buy great USDA steaks across from citi hardware down from dumaguete cockpit. very good. lean and tasty. casablanca best restaurant too.

10. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hello Patty,

Yes, I know KMMS what a great store. the American USDA Beef Tenderloin is very lean and tasty. There is a rest. in town charging P790 pesos per person for the same meat. At KMMS you buy it for P795 per kilo.... many nice dinners, homemade on an american barbeque grill.... Hard to beat! Some nights we also enjoy going out for dinner and often we go to CB.

Back to my grill and lean meat!

Princess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.