Dumaguete Info Search

Greetings from a new member

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jayhawk60, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayhawk60

Jayhawk60 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

My name is Tom Walker, I am a retired helicopter pilot from the US Coast Guard. I have not been to the Philippines since the 80's, but now that I am retired I am thinking about relocating there. I plan to come visit early next year. I look forward to gaining some knowledge from the members here, and if there is anything I can do to assist anyone from back here in Florida, let me know.

2. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Welcome

Welcome Tom , I think you will love Dumaguete and this site as well . Alot of useful info here . Good luck , .... Carl

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Welcome to DI, nice to have you on board and good luck to your plans

cheers

Rhoody

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Welcomes Tom, to second Carl, you will probably like it here. Living in Florida the weather should not be a factor. Depending on where you live, life is affordable. Good luck.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Welcome aboard!

6. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe. Whereabout in FL?

7. OP
    OP
    Jayhawk60

Jayhawk60 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live in Milton, close to Pensacola

8. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Welcome. I'm from Houston, Texas and moved here 11 months ago. Best decision I ever made.

9. joec

joec DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have connections in Palm Beach County and elsewhere along the Atlantic coast. But I think they are about 500 miles away from you.

10. OP
    OP
    Jayhawk60

Jayhawk60 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PatO,

I was wondering if you would care to elaborate on your comment, "depending on where you live life is affordable".

I am trying to determine if my pension is going to be enough to live on comfortably. I would need a small place to live, but one with western style ammenities, would like to be near the beach and able to afford to eat out and play golf a few times a week. I don't need to be near the wild night life, but would want to be able to go somewhere for a few beers and some companionship. What would you think would be a reasonable monthly budget for this lifestyle. I know there are alot of variables, but would appreciate an estimate anyway. Any other members, please feel free to add your comments.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.