Dumaguete Info Search

Ground Beef

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by permres, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Okay, I have finally had it with ground beef with more bone in it than actual meat, I am very seriously considering buying a meat grinder and grinding my own. Unless you guys know where I can get good ground beef (the no-bone variety), at a decent price, can anyone steer me in the direction of where to buy meat grinders?
    Thanks!!

2. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    Why don't you buy the meat you want and then ask to have it grind to your fancy, you can do this at most places like Super Lee, Hyper Mart, Robinsons or even at the market, buy the boneless, fat free
    lean meat, the grinding is for free...

3. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Ground beef at Hypermart hasn't ever had any bones in it when i've bought it. 210P a kilo...

4. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Ground beef

Well, my goodness!! I didn't even THINK about doing that!! I will start having them do that for me!! Thanks for that good tidbit of info!!

5. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    Good points, just have a look at the grinder first. I have seen some a meat markets that were so filthy I wouldn't grind dog food in. I would guess the up scale markets would be much cleaner.
    Ron

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +36 / -0
    Meat grinders are cheap, then you have ultimate control over what goes through them, and how clean they are!

Larry

7. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / -0
    We've been chosing our own cuts for ground beef for some time usually with great results. But if the seller doesn't clean their grinder before processing your exoensive cuts you'll likely find half a kilo of hog gristle mixed in. We like the beef at Robinsons but last week the worker refused to clean the grinder so we refused to buy the result. Our old Moulinex electric is wanting and a pain to clean, we had a manual in the States so went hunting this week in Duma.

Uy Mastio had the most, commercial power units for P8000 and a variety of cast iron clamp or bolt crank models. We decided to look farther for a manual condidering the rust and flaking paint, and found an alloy bolt-down today at Tops & Bottoms across the street, P735. Looks like it will work fine for our 2-3 kilos a week, if not cheap Charlie will be back to complain :-)

8. OP
    OP
    permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Please keep me posted

Please let me know how this one works out.....if you are happy with it, I think I will buy one myself, I am really wanting to just start grinding my own.
    Thanks!!

9. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / -0
    It worked great! By the time I woke up from my nap the beef round was neatly ground and the grinder unmounted and shiny clean in the dish rack. Sure, the wife complained that it turned hard, the blood leaked out, blah blah, but if it worked for my wife it sure should work for yours ;-)

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +463 / -0
    Thanks for the info. Do you grind it with any fat for flavor or just pure lean meat?
    Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.