Dumaguete Info Search

Guitars made in the Philippines

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Dong, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schumi

schumi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The best sounding and easiest playing acoustic guitar I've tried were Taylors. They are pricy, but if you could hear the sound quality and the feel the terrific playability...you would be sold. They are worth it.

2. WinstonLights

WinstonLights DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've heard from a friend that there is a freelance guitar maker residing in Boloc-boloc, Sibulan (near PBMA - Phil Benevolent Missionaries Assoc Chapter). I forgot the name of the guy if you mentioned about the guitarmaker, he can be easily located in the area. I do not really know if he is better guitarmaker but it was mentioned that he makes electric guitar as well. this all i can say.

3. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was on Mactan in Jan 2010 and played a bunch of the high end acoustic with internal pickups and all had bad action and sound but were priced in the php 35,000 or more. The wood was "pretty" with nice inlays, but I'm not into pretty. They certainly were not what I had expected after reading all the fanfare about Mactan guitars.

4. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    greetings; i spend usually a month in DUM. every year. fly to cebu and stay there for a few days first. i have searched extensively for a reasonably good guuitar, both in the local shops and malls--they just don't exist. about the best i could do was in the SM where they had a couple of music stores with low level FENDER stuff and some other assorted of less quality. it's truly a dilemma and i don't know what to tell you except to order from U.S.A and pay some freight. i would suggest bizarre guitar in reno--owned by a freind of mine- has quality gits for very good $$. when i travel to the phils, i take apart one of my TELECASTERS, pack it in my suitcase and then re-assemble it when i get there. the teles work great for this coz ther are no problems with set-up or intonation ( just a travel tip for those like me). then i will bring a PANDORA or BOSS MICRO for my amp. i own 28 guitars and 23 amps and i must play every day. let me know if i can help---later JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.