Dumaguete Info Search

happiness is...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by dumaguetenia, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    "Happiest Pinoy" is Dumagueteno

A Dumagueteño was chosen as the happiest Filipino for having mastered the art of making people happy.

Winston Abella Maxino, son of Luciano and Carolina Abella Maxino of Daro, Dumaguete City, was chosen as the first Cebuana-Lhuillier Insurance Solutions “Happiest Pinoy.”

The judges unanimously chose Maxino as the embodiment of Filipinos happiness. “I believe that we Filipinos are essentially a happy people. Happiness is one of our admirable traits. We believe tomorrow holds a brighter day for us,” the younger Maxino said.

Winston and six other finalists made it to the final cut of the 218 nominations received by the screening committee. They were trimmed down to the top 20 until the final seven finalists faced the panel of judges for the interview.

In his acceptance speech on Wednesday night, Winston said the special prize was the gift of insight. He gained insight about happiness. “Happiness is rejoicing even in the reality that our lives are suffering,” he added.

Cebuana-Lhuillier Insurance Solutions said the Happiest Pinoy Search, is meant to recognize and celebrate every Filipinos optimism, resilience and hope, particularly amid uncertainties and anxieties.

Winston received a cash prize of P200,000 and a trophy. The rest of the finalists—Rex Bernardo, Nona David-Castillo, Celestino Habito, Gerardo Gamez, Carolina Reyes and Maria Kathrina Yarza—were awarded with P25,000 and plaques of recognition.*AP

Web Welcome to the VISAYAN DAILY STAR Website

Front Page | Opinion | Negros Oriental | Business | Sports
    Star Life | People & Events| Archives | Advertise

2. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Dumaguetenia;
    Nice to see you around this forum-but might add that a "Happy Pinoy" is not a pinoy with certain set of circumstances but rather with certain set of attitudes" a kind of happines that I'm talking about are those originated deep down the human heart not the facial acting type.

3. OP
    OP
    dumaguetenia

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sometimes...

Hello Gene !
    I love my Family , and this site is my family. I am updated and i following, only not feeling talking for a while.

You are right. Happiness from the heart. But you can tell the genuine effort of a person to serve you well and joyfully even though, you can feel, that they have the hard time. Compare to the one that they have smile in their face but looking at you with disgust.

Happiness can be acted but don't have that lasting effect.

Gene, congrats ! your Vancouver seen the best of the world Men and Women athlete. I hope you have the best time of your life.

4. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "When what we are is what we want to be, that's happiness"

Malcolm Forbes

Welcome back to the forum Dumaguetenia

5. OP
    OP
    dumaguetenia

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hi...!

Thank a lot JB ! All the best to you too!

"I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this, and I am happy that I lived long enough to find it out."

Roger Ebert
    movie critic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.