Dumaguete Info Search

Hello all, first post

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by subdude, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coming to Dumaguete on Sunday for 3 nights and am curious about resorts within ten minutes of downtown. Looking at Sta Monica but it's still a little farther than I like because I'll probably rent a scooter for the duration. Any help would be appreciated. As a first timer I'll give a brief history. Been living in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon for 14 months, 1 week and 2 days:smile: Planning to move to Dumaguete in March if GF can get into Silliman. This will be my second visit to Dumaguete and is, for the most part, a fact finding mission. If anyone has any tips for locating RE (prefer rental for now) that could be a big help. I remember someone posting about restaurants that have info boards. One last thing: best scooter rental?
    Cheers

2. OP
    OP
    subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    update

In order to promote a sense of goodwill towards this online community, I'd like to offer a recap of my forthcoming trip to Dumaguete upon my return to Malaybalay. After posting my thread I went back and read alot of other threads and felt that maybe I was asking so much while offering so little. I expect that I will become a regular on this chat site and look forward to becoming part of the community. Any useful information passed on to me will be shared with the rest of the community so that others may benefit from my experiences. All the best.
    Jared

3. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey Dude,

Just here to welcome you to the forum. Someone here will point you in the right direction I'm sure. Best of luck to your gf.

4. OP
    OP
    subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks mate. appreciate the reply

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Dumaguete seem inundated by motorbikes ,known to have number of motorbike rentals around and very cheap as well.We hired one time had payed for a P100 for some hours ,but that was 2004.Btw welcome the forum subdude.

6. OP
    OP
    subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in reply

Yeah, don't really expect too much trouble with the rental. Spend enough time in this country and you know how to get around. Had a bit of an accident last spring on a busy highway in Mindanao and am a bit uncomfortable with long rides on busy highways. Mostly cause it really wrecks my ability to work (no pun inteneded). That's why I am looking for a niceish resort nearer to town. Appreciate the reply. Must say, that is one wicked nasty avatar you have. Stay in touch mate.
    Jared

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    HI SD,

welcome to the board, you get Motorbikes at the citycenter area for 200 peso a day, or 20 peso an hour.Have you looked into the northside of Dumaguete? In Sibulan is also a nice little Resort, I think not mentioned on the board before I will look for the name and mail it to you.
    ... If I post whats in my mind about the avatarpicture PN will kill me:p

cheers and have a safe trip

Rhoody

8. OP
    OP
    subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. Would appreciate the name of the resort you mentioned. I'd have to say that PN's avatar is more nasty than wicked but then I'm sure he knows that and likes it that way. I see by the time stamp that you're a nightowl like myself. I live on an arterial and it's the only time to get any peace and quiet. For the love of a bleedin' muffler! look forward to hearing from ya.
    Jared

9. OP
    OP
    subdude

subdude DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Roody,
    Okay that's wierd, when I first read your post the time said 2:30 AM. Now it says 10:55 AM. Must be seeing things.

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Maybe it is a scan of PN's passport ID :p
    I guess if he/she reads that, he/she thinks about the choice of weapons to kill me...:D

for my tast a bit pale, should vist the Philippines from time to time to get some healthy color... or maybe uses the same skin-whitener as Michael Jackson...:p

sorry PN, my brain is in Weekend - mode already... will be back on Monday.... hopefully

cheers

Rhoody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.