Dumaguete Info Search

Hello everyone

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by ghost7, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost7

ghost7 DI New Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thinking of visiting first with the possibility of returning and living there if I enjoy it.

I'm Catholic in upbringing and education--not so good at actual practice--so I'll have no problem with identifying with that aspect of the culture. If I decide to go I'll have sufficient funds to live at $45k or so annually. It sounds as if that is plenty there.

I've got an American law degree (JD) and a masters in history; wouldn't mind teaching pro bono (free) a class or two at the university level. It's only a thought but is this feasible?

2. psouthan

psouthan DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,
    I am sure I could help you out finding a place in a university here. I work in one of them and I would very happy to help you.

Regards

Paul

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    Hi Ghost7 and welcome to the Forum
    Read on, read on, plenty of info on this forum
    If the life style in Duma is to your liking you would have a great way of life and a nice place to retire on your annual income..... Married or Single ?
    regards john

4. OP
    OP
    ghost7

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great!

I won't bother you for now over it but, if you don't mind, I might take you up on it in the future as things develop. I just don't want to sit around.

5. OP
    OP
    ghost7

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm only 47 so 'retire' is a relative term. I'm single at the moment, but this is Seattle--it's a pretty decent place for single guys my age group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.