Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet law enforcement

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by dodong, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Printing!

:eek: If this is ever implemented, I would't mind owning the print shop that will print the Tickets.:D

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !

:D PAT!, not sure what you have been eating or maybe it is the SMB's but you surely have some Great Humour this weekend, I guess you have just relaxed after all the Hastle of late? :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Actually Jack I am very curious to see if in fact they can successfully enforce a helmet law here, seems like so many barriers and so many people impacted. One thing in the city's favor, if they push for it, is their ability to easily set up check points at the few key locations. Personally, I wouldn't mind wearing mine from Oct-Feb but I wore it when it was really hot and wasn't happy about it. On the other hand, we take the bike out to Bacong a couple of times a week without wearing helmets, and that is probably dangerous and not very bright, given we have good helmets, so the law would in fact increase personal safety. I'm not a very experienced bike rider, never had one before and already dumped it twice with about 8 nasty scars on my leg so I am one of those for whom the law is intended, so I support it.
    You may be right, my humor is a carryover from the goat rodeo process to get my wife her passport. Unfortunately, my lovely little wife heard a few of my
    "f bombs" in Cebu. Being we were sucessful, I am forgiven.

4. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile: Pat! I have been riding motor Bikes for over 40 years. I am an Ardent supporter of Crash helmets but we are in the PI and In Dgte. Mine is always on when I take the big Bike out but have reluctantly foregone it on the Little one, As I will agree with others it is just to d*mn hot to have one on. Speed and Attention to driving is paramount and the LTO needs to address this first in my View. I will Agree with you that a good Attack team strategically placed will Yeald a good catch if ever it is implemented.

As for the F,Bomb, I am sure all is now forgotten.

Jack P.

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    When if comes to "success of a helmet law", i think the success is in it's failure....Lots of revenue generated.

Many provinces protest calling it a "poor tax" as they can't afford helmets.

6. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Jack, you triggered my mind as to why I am uncomfortable wearing a helmet around here, besides the heat factor. Given the lack of road rules, discipline, courtesy and intelligence of bikers, pedicabs, jeeps, vans, buses, trucks, cars, and pedestrians my radar is constantly on and I'm trying to watch about 280 degrees in realtime to avoid a@#%&*s doing the unexpected. The helmet limits some visibility and the bulk or weight slows down my internal antenna.
    But if the law is enforced everyone will be facing the same challenge, wonder if that will instill more caution...

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Profound But true.

OMW! How right you are, I guess the saga will continue for many a day!:wink:

Jack. P.:smile:

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    If they can afford the bike they can afford the helmet, on installments maybe, but nevertheless.

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Too Little Too Late?

:eek: Pat! As if there was not enough Confusion and bad driving, Bad pedestrians even, can you imagine the accidents they May and I am sure will occur if implemented, Caution seems to be a word not yet in the, Certainly, Local Vocubulary! let alone the PI.

jack P. :smile:

10. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Insightful observation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.