Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet law revisited

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

If you read the law from the link that was posted, the answer is in black and white. The DTI (department of trade and industry) has the ball to inspect all helmets, imported or domestic in origin, and granting their sticker of approval. EEC approval and/or who says they are the best means absolutely nothing. The "PS mark or ICC Certificate" is what they will be looking for, not EEC.

http://www.senate.gov.ph/republic_acts/ra 10054.pdf

Larry

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :o Then we may as well all buy new hemets. Stale Mate and coffers swelled. Sorry to hear there is no other responce.:(

3. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Step son is in the hospital right now because he crashed his bike on the way to work :-( Split his head open and it is very bad . He can not even talk right . He was Not wearing a helmet :-( He has two kids & a wife , so now what will they do :-( I am Not rich so i can not help. Helmets should always be ON .

4. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry..

Hi White dragon,

Sorry t hear about your step son - i wish him, and yourself all the best. :smile:

5. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sticker

I am pretty sure i peeled the sticker off when i brough the helmet....opps..

6. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thx I am very worried about him & His family. I'm still in Canada :-( . I worry about My Flora to have to burden this all by herself there now as well . :-( thx again

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Just get some printed or surely in a city like this, there will be some enterprising young fellows, who will sell them, when the time comes!:D

$10 head= $10 helmet.:wink:

8. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Sorry to hear about your stepson WD. I too sometimes ride without a helmet. Really dumb Idea.

also no matter how the law is spelled out (meaning driver only) like some places in Thailand.
    All riders should be wearing a helmet.

9. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes they should always were it. Now he can not eat and is going for s Scan . his head was cracked open 2 inches :-( It is soo bad , Its sad that so many people have to learn the hard way, but that is our nature .

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :o Sorry to hear about this and I agree with you helmets on, My vote would go to the enforcement of this Law, Every one not just the Driver should where one. Two wheels are a Must, Three well they are a Little More Stable but I have seen them Tip over. Best regards to your step son for a speedy recovery. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.