Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet law revisited

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes they do tip over as well and it should be manditory to were one . My step son is going for a brain scan as i post this :-( . im just sitting here in canada waiting for a yahoo message :-(

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile: I hope the news is Good, I know When I was Still in Spain I worried constantly about the Family, They say No News is Good news, I certainly Hope this is the case for you. It is just a shame that this news came on a new thread but I am sure it will highlight the Facts they we have all been Discussing. My Thoughts are with you today White Dragon, Just a small addition, My Wife lost a Nephew a little while ago when a Lorry tipped it's load of Roof Sheets on him and his GF. I guess the Authorities are Looking at safety in some urgency now. Good Luck and best wishes to you and your Family. :wink:

3. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    the typical Dumaguete family is composed of a father, mother, children, and a motorcycle! everyone dreams of owning a motorcycle. the Dumaguetenos have been riding a motorcycle even before the motorcycle was invented AND they never wear helmets. IT is the Dumaguete way of life. this law is an intrusion into that way of life! :mad:

4. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you so Much jackpeterson and ya that is why i posted all this because i believe it is so very important. He is getting the scan now and he will be back at the City hospital tomorrow so now we just wait. Flora is so sad and all i can do is send her a hug on line :-( , I told her to buy helmets for the other boys , the one in the hospital is 29 with a wife and 3 young boys at home . this will be a long hard road for them . sorry im rambling now , thx for the good wishes .

5. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if my step son was wearing a helmet his children would not be so afraid of losing there father and his wife would not be so afraid of becoming a widow at such a young age, and i believe he will survive but how long before he can speak right or even walk let alone provide for his wife and children. I do not have any extra money to help them I sent what i was going to use to buy a Jeep for when i got there now there is no jeep . and i have to postpone my trip there because i had to spend money for hospital bills . all because he did not have a helmet on . It sucks that it always takes a tragedy to make people see the safety is always best . I am not upset with David for not wearing a helmet because, yes it is a way of life there but it needs to change to stop all the suffering caused because of such a simple thing . you Look in his sad children's eyes and tell them , its ok because its a way of life that could have been Prevented

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :wink: Look! When the sign shows Fasten Seat Belts on the aircraft it is not just a request it to let you know there may be a problem, It is for your SAFETY
    So please , WEAR a Crash helmet. What else can we say. It may not look COOL:cool: BUT it is Safe. WHAT! else can this English Man say to you all.:rolleyes:

7. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The hard way

you are one of the ones that always learn the hard way . why do you think Helmets are mandatory in most places on the planet ??? THEY SAVE Lives and Families the grief of having to live a life without a parent ,son or daughter. I have seen this kind of injury two times now, and it is always sooo bad . we have always talked about prevention , for example ( an apple a day keeps the doctor away ) How about ( a Helmet everyday Keeps the doctor at bay) I Hope you never have to live threw what we are going threw, but if you do you will learn THE HARD WAY.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :confused: My wife is not happy about the fact that a Helmet is a must, her answer was " It will ruin my hair " She then complained that the cost was large, I bought her one, not cool enough, I can't afford the one I want, My Answer was better 5.000 p$ now that 50.000+ p$ for the Hospital Bill. OK let them have their idyllic ways, the intrusions into there life style are not welcome. I have told my Family the Hospital Bills are not welcome in my house for any motor bike accident where a helmet was not worn. I admire the culture and the people BUT I am surprised by all this from people who have always considered " Health is Wealth ":o

9. White Dragon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Agree completely

Yes i agree Completely, Floras boys are all on there own & working But because of this accident ( Not his fault ) I am buying 3 helmets, and from now on i pay no bills if they are not wearing a helmet, this accident is a hard lesson, I hope they learn

10. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I'll tell ya what bugs me most is seeing a family of 4 on a bike.

a small child in front, the father driving, a baby standing in back of him and the mother in back... see it all the time.

saw a rider once with the mother on the back holding a baby under each arm and this dipshit is on a cellphone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.