Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet law revisited

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A Fridge

Ya i have seen a man driving with a child behind him , the mother behind the child and a full size fridge laying sideways behind her on the bike, omg i took a picture from the bus i was on, but it did not turn out but it was stupid wow:eek:

2. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So when are the traffic Cops going to start wearing helmets, i just seen four of them riding round not wearing helmets - this is a great topic for getting people going haha

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Last year i've seen a parade of around 100 policeman on a motor, none of them wearing a helmet.
    But to be fair, normaly it is not the police enforcing this law but LTO

4. White Dragon

White Dragon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    our boys did not know it was the law now but after seeing there oldest brother so badly hurt they said they would were there helmets now . Hmmmm we will see if they stick to that or not, in time they will forget if the law is not being enforced. but they are grown ups now so i can not say much . I will say no bills get payed from me if they are hurt from not wearing the helmet. but really how can i really do that Grrr. they know that if they are hurt i will help in the end . But i will complain about it hahaha. The police should be setting a good example hahahaha ya right lols

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Sorry, but who really cares here? Us(?), we're a tiny minority, the percentage of us who actually obey the national law here, are western, or at least not local, so we don't/never will have a say in what is or isn't what the locals want/should do.
    They obviously don't care, so why should we care about whether they do or do not wear protective gear?
    Okay, so unfortunately their brains & limbs are scattered all over a road/truck/bus etc & all the "rubber-neckers" have their fill of the macabre sights, but even so, still the system and society doesn't change.
    Just bear with the traffic jam, it'll soon disappear, once you pass the incident, till the next unfortunate sod/sods are splattered at another accident scene.
    Do you honestly think our own personal experiences actually matter a sh*t to most people here? IMHO, they don't & won't.
    Anywhere you can buy a driving license without having to take a test, written or practical, chances are you're going to have the majority of people on the roads who haven't the first clue how to drive, safety gear or not.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    The latest in helmet-ware.......

[​IMG]

7. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    But can you make that Darth Vader breathing sound with it?

Or do you just yell at everyone to get out of your way?

I know this is a serious thread. So to the point I agree with the need for helmets. Me and my family will be wearing them if we are on a bike. It will be interesting to see how the enforcement of this goes.

8. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    I do not understand why other people want to impose their beliefs on others who do not want them and never asked for them in the first place.

You believed in wearing a helmet, fine, wear it.

Dumaguetenos DO NOT want them. Why would anyone force them to?

Is this dictatorship? The helmet represents tyrannical rule over the little people...as far as Dumaguete is concerned.

It is their way of life, go have yours. Just please do not make them live like what you want for them.

It is really so infuriating to see this happening in my city.

The bottom line is....this is way of life. And Western ideas permeating and trying to intrude on that Dumaguete identity.

It is better to fight a shooting war than debate with sissies who can not ride a motorycle without helmets.

9. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I agree with you on one thing, I don't like anyone cramming their beliefs down my throat. One of the reasons I chose to move here was freedom, to get away from big brother telling me what I could or could not do in my own home!

Slowly but surely the Philippines is following suit. Pretty soon there will be no more roosters allowed except in commercial operations.

Larry

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    I do see some of your points and I don't want to get into a "p*ssing contest" with you, but as a previous post said, it's already enacted as a national law. (I take it, this fair city is still a part of this country).
    One could go as far as to say, why not just opt out altogether from following any statutes passed by central government in Manila?
    We could go even further and vote for complete independence from the over-authoritarian congress and senate of the Philippines, if you feel that way.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.