Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet law revisited

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I saw some for sale in Robinson's Mall. They had the official looking, holographic stickers on them. I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the store. I think it was upstairs by the top of the escalator that is nearest the front entrance though? Maybe they could answer your questions?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Robinsons Mall 2F has a Spyder brand helmet shop, lots on display. Don't know if they meet the f_____g specs they will never be able to implement here successfully. There is a store at ebu Ayala Mall, I think it is Metromart, that has helmets. Again, not sure of the specs. I bought HJC from my friend on this website and am very happy, and could care less if they meet or don't meet the f'n specs. Dgte should first solve the driving without a license problem and teach people the rules of the road before they worry about head covers. Pedicabs, don't get me started...

3. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agrreeeee....and educate people about what is the left and the right side of the road......unregistered bikes, drunk drivers (includes pedicab drivers) and jay walking, and stupidity in general in the traffic...... worst I have seen in my long life..... drivers here in DUMA could never get a license in any other country...... Can you imagine these people on a California Freeway or a street in Paris or Berlin...killed in an instance. Not by others...themselves!

Helmets is a no no in DUMBAGUETE, the drivers like to look good and do not like any interferance with their hairdue. As I said before you purcheased really good HJC helmets and they are better than any helmet you can find in Dumbagute. Dumbness, arrogance and ignorance is common in Dumbagute.

We live here and we have to accept all the stupidities here.....Sorry to say!
    My wife is from Davao and she tells me every day that Dumbaguete is the hight of Dumbness in Philippines.....Most irresponsible people she ever have met. City of Gentle People....hahahahaha!

4. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Perhaps they should rename the city/town, Dumaguete to 'Dumbergetting'?:D

5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    right to ride without helmet

To be consistent in your principled individualism, promise never to make use of socially-provided and subsidized services such as ambulance and hospital.

6. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I can't say that I know of any "socially-provided and subsidized services such as ambulance and hospital" in the Philippines. No money, no hospital!

Larry

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Helmet laws are not necessarily pushing western ideas. Check the majority of major cities in Asia, they all have helmet laws. What needs to be pushed in Dumaguete are western driving laws..

8. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Who on this forum, if sick/injured whatever, would go to Provincial anyway?:confused:

9. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    I just returned from Bacolod and everybody on a motorbike is required to wear a helmet.

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Ditto Cebu, mind you they have LTO s that actually function as per their mandate, ie without interference from local government who need the motorcycling populus' votes, and the number of 'dysfunctional' s working for them, is pretty small.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.