Dumaguete Info Search

Helmet laws now being enforced

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by shadow, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think its more important that people wear helmets to protect their heads its sensible and I have seen some terrible views of blood and greymatter spread on the road due to the driver not wearing a helmet or one thats no good at protecting anything.

The robbers and snatchers will not increase that much that would offset the value of people protecting their lives.

2. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Forget the scooter. Get a jeep!

3. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    A jeep without seatbelts of course tubigboy, lol

Actually a scooter is the best means to get around the city and I prefer a Landrover to a jeep, more power when you get stuck in the mud. I loved the d*mn thing when I was in the military they out shine a jeep anyday.

4. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Well, using that logic, smoking and alchohol should surely be illegal. I cracked my head open last week getting out of bed, lets outlaw getting out of bed. Let's vote in the the death penalty for offenders.

Robbers and snatchers may not increase that significantly, but you can bet your buns they would be identified a lot less. Unless, of course, the robber wore a green bucket on his head!

Larry

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    yeah, lets make it mandatory to stay in bed with a minimum of 3 female cell-maids who open the beer, bring the ashtray and light the cigarettes. Larry, you got my vote....

6. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    These LTO officers should not wear helmet. For What? They have "No Brains" after all. There they are having Checkpoints, to implement the LTO rules on no Helmet, No side mirrors,no plate no# etc etc. d*mn. They don't have to make Checkpoints. Just go by Lee Plaza and Silliman, and there they could find thousands of motorcycles parked with no side mirror and other violations.

There is where the money is. LTO c'mon, Mamamamamoneyyyyyyy!:D

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    rear view mirrors are useless as you can't see clear anyway while driving lassing or being focused on txting.

But back to being serious, I was contacted to be model for the new "Helmet" brochure.

so we did a foto-shooting... this morning I got a email that none of my pictures will make it into it... wonder why :confused: according to the brochure judges : too makulit, angry mayabang and sad...

Attached Files:

8. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    since when you are so guapo

9. Chris_Ana2007

Chris_Ana2007 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're really not aware of wearing helmets, but our concern is these parents carrying their babies while riding the motorcycle. We know that they very careful about there kids but the thing is parents wearing helmets but not there kids. So sad to look at.:(

10. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It amazes me that there is not more accidents and how people can be neglectful of the danger they put their children in, however this is the Filipino way. Its normal for them, it is their country and that’s the way they do things.

Where as I have noted that many Americans favor not wearing a helmet because it spoils their hair style, lol (could not resist that). Being and old guy I remember when helmets where not compulsory in UK when I was a 'mod' back in the 60's. I wonder perhaps we have become over cautious (but I have reasons to believe different) but I do believe that kids in their pre-teens should not ride on motor bikes full stop.

I would never step on a motorbike with out placing a helmet on my head that gives full protection, to me it make complete sense. These excuses to do with snatchers and robbers in the argument against, to my mind are pretty pathetic when you have had a few accidents like I have and blessed the helmet for saving you from spreading grey and red matter across the highway. I have had 5 accidents on motor bikes in my life and two of them my helmet saved me from having bad head injuries. I must add the accidents where not totally my fault but caused by oil, mud or a stupid driver suddenly doing something real stupid, they certainly taught me to be much more cautious and careful, to me helmets are a must, for both driver and passenger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.