Dumaguete Info Search

Hi there! Any guitarists...?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by chris, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    chris

chris DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, thank you all for your kind responses..., you too jmreyes.

Yeah, been a jamming fool all my life, kinda lucky that way.

So i'm looking forward to hookin'up with you local Lads and swap licks & tricks....

I'll be sure to drop pms to you'll when i get there --hopefully sooner than later.

chris

--ps to 415gem, Learning guitar..., there's something to be said 'bout taking lessions for a rank beginner --basic stuff, like, tuning, winding strings, posture and simple tab/chart reading.

But really, its all about play, play, play. Get some chord charts/ cheat books for tunes you know ---Dylan is good for that..., everybody knows Dylan tunes right?

Always learn how to play a tune from start to finish. Breaking tunes is a very bad habit.

San Francisco eh? The black/latino guys still drumming on the bleachers in Aquatic park?

Hang with those guys if you want to learn time signature, seriously, 'Cause guitar is percussive.

Good luck!

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Many musicans in town soon,
    i hope there will be a come-together sooner or later. As I am up to the "3noisy-chords" music I hope we get some things together. I just could not find anyone wgo likes " my" music, Maybe I am to old for the new sruff or to young for CCR. as my fingers nerver allowing me to become a clapton, it goes more to status Quo, ACDC, into the early 90th... At least I can drink like a rock-star... hehe
    cheers Rhoody

3. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    That is the most rockin' thing I have ever heard on this forum!

I'm not an expert musician myself, but I do like to practice on my acoustic Fender guitar from time to time. I play a little piano and took about 3 years of violin. Longgoy used to let me sing a song every Friday at Slapshot with my own guitarist, but I never really got the hang of singing in front of a lot of people, unless it's karaoke!!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.