Dumaguete Info Search

Honda XLR/XR200 owners or buyers

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by simple mind, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bikerguy

bikerguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dunno if its the same bike but on the national highway i saw a XR200 accross a motocycle kawasaki dealer who besides offering new bikes offered his single collegue :D

this bike was only 3 years old but with the oil filler cap partly demolished, saggy shot rear suspension and noise in the head ("needs valve adjustment" ...haha....what a BS), paint of the frame had partly come of already

asking price was 78k

2. OP
    OP
    simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Hi again, I am encountering problems posting new Posts, I am trying to find the problem, I am using LINUX at the moment but with a slow connection.:confused:

3. nailed2save

nailed2save DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    exactly... I've checked the bike too.

4. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    How do you like LINUX? I've been wanting to give it a test run on my 'putor but I'm scared of how to do it.
    Might break my baby.:cool:

5. OP
    OP
    simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Hi again, somethings about Filters on the XLR/XR200, some people recommend the use of a Fuelfilter, it depends where you Drive, in my experience, I did not have the need for one, I try hard to select clean looking Gas Stations and rather fill up again where I see one than to wait until I have no Choice anymore.
    The Oilfilters are, one coarse Screenfilter where you remove the Cap for letting out the Engine oil, on the left side of the Engine where the Gear change lever is and one Centrifugal Filter located under the right side Engine/Clutch cover, beside the Clutch basket, it rotates at high speed and deposes
    the Dirt Particles as fine silt on the inside of the Oilfilter where it should be removed every time you change the Clutch linings.
    The Airfilter is of good Quality and lasts for about 2-3 Years, if you clean it as good as possible by hitting it with the filter side hard on a clean surface to shake out the Dust, due to Improvements,
    Honda now guides one of the Crankcase Breather Hoses to the Airfilterbox and the Oilmist is clogging up the Filter and it is nearly impossible to clean after a while, the Original Filter is about 1'000 peso to replace.
    I now found a way where you can use a KIA Car Airfilter and get an even better Filter for 250 peso.
    SOMETHING:confused: about the Original Airfilter that I don't understand is, why is Honda using a Foam Gasket that desintegrates after a VERY short time and when that happens, the Engine will be getting unfiltered Air (your Pinoy Mechanic will most likely not mention to you that there is no Gasket anymore when he cleans your Filter) and with time you will get wear because of oil polluted with Dust and this will result in smoke, oil getting dirty faster and poorer Lubrication.
    I am using Airfilter Foam from the Honda TMX to make Gaskets from, that Foam is unaffected by Gasoline and lasts for Years!

More next time

Everybody have a good time

• Like Like x 1
  6. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good info! How about grease to make up for the poor Honda gasket?

7. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    SurfinUSA

I think I saw an XR200 for sale on the side of the road going from the port area to Hayahey (where the road meets the beach), might want to cruise by and check it out one day.

Cheers

8. OP
    OP
    simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I always apply a thin film of grease on the surface of the Gasket to prevent the foam getting
    stuck when inserting the Filter back into the Filterbox but the problem with an Gasket that's falling apart you can only fix with a new Gasket:wink:

9. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was thinking do away with the gasket completely and lather on the grease like we did in the good old days

I stopped and looked at that one a few weeks ago. I think it is an older sub-200cc model.

There has been a 200 for sale about 100 meters east of SUMC (towards the ocean) but the entire instrument panel is gone. They wanted something like p85t for it. :eek:

10. OP
    OP
    simple mind

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    That's not possible with the original Filter because there is a distance between the Filter and the Airbox that requires the foam to fill the gap.:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.