Dumaguete Info Search

hotel in centre

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by bikerguy, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    bikerguy

bikerguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but LOS gets boring in the end, thats why im here :D

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    you'll enjoy it Bikerguy. Naturally, every place has it's positives and negatives. For you, i hope the positives outweigh the negatives and you enjoy it here....

3. Umping

Umping DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to let you know my opinion about Nicanor. We weren't satisfied at all. Room very small. Awfull staff. Playing loud music at the front desk. Our little daughter couldn't sleep at all. Front desk staff dancing and stomping in the lobby. Young boys from outside hanging around in the lobby flirting with the front desk staff. Bad manners.

Sorry to say, we'll never check in there again.

Regards

Umping

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Also our son stay at Nicanor last July.
    After he came from Bangkok staying in even a cheaper room, he was realy disappointed with the result.
    But i'm not sure if you can find better in Dumaguete.
    I think the management of the hotels should travel to other places to see what is possible.

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    In the instance on Nicanor I don't think they need to travel anywhere. I reckon they must be running 95% - 100% occupancy. I have 2 friends that turn up in cities as they travel and just walk-in to book rooms. Both of them have turned up here NUMEROUS times over the past 2-3 months and with one exception, Nicanor has been full each and every time.

So, this gave them an opportunity to check out others. Coco Grande, Check inn, Bethel, Honeycomb etc and they still both go to Nicanor first hoping they have a vacant room.

As I noted earlier in this thread. Do not get a corner room at Nicanor as they are small and no cell phone signal in them. The aircon points at the side of the wardrobe. Rooms ending in 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 are just fine for 995Pesos.

Mark

6. Wangkig

Wangkig DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try TipTop Tower infront of Robinsons, this is a new hotel, complete with WiFi etc.

7. andyfarquar

andyfarquar DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As Onmyway says, we tried several other hotels in Duma before getting into the Nicanor. (He will remember that the only reason we got it that time was because he gave us his room because we didn't go drinking that night & he decided to ride home...) For us, the Nicanor was superb value for money and we'll stay there again soon. Take my advice though, book a few days in advance to be sure of getting a room. Every time I tried on the day, they were fully booked.

Bethel is a Protestant run establishment so don't try to take a girl in or you could be challenged & that's embarassing... Coco Grande is only for smokers or those who love the smell of stale nicotine. Honeycomb is basic & overpriced but clean & quaint with a reasonable breakfast & friendly staff. (My second choice so far).

Thanks for the heads up Wangkig, I'll try the Tip Top Tower next trip...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.