Dumaguete Info Search

House Prices

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by jimeve, Nov 14, 2008.

1. anotherdane

anotherdane DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Foreigners can buy

HELLO SORRY BUT HES WRIGHT
    A FOREIGNER CAN BUY.. ITS DONE LIKE THIS:
    1 YOU OWN A COMPANY
    2. THE COMPANY BUY A HOUSE ( YOUR OWN COMPANY)
    3. YOU RENT THE HOUSE FROM THE COMPANY
    SO
    YOU RENT FROM YOURSELF
    ITS WHAT AM TOLD BY A GUY WHO OWNS LAND. AND HOUSE A LOT ON MINDANAO

2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Something to think about !!!!

For a foreigner to open a company it will have to be a corporation and a foreigner can’t own 100 percent of the corporation. There has to be at least six Filipinos that hold the majority share of the company. If the company buy’s the land you still don’t have absolute control and it is still not your land. Now you can hire people to be signers and they don’t really don’t have anything to do with the company but I find that to be a big risk. You are not a majority share holder so if they figure that out you could be kicked out of your own company and lose everything. But what I find interesting you can own the house but you can own the land. But have you ever tried to kick a swatter off land in the Philippines it is not easy it could take years or never to get rid of them.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    either you don't understand what that guy told you, or he is teasing you...

even your own post says that the private person rents from the company. The company will be owned in majority by philippino citizen. You won't own any land as a normal private foreigner in the PI.

Also as a foreigner you can buy a house without big problems, no need for a company, but you won't own the ground it's on

4. anotherdane

anotherdane DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    House and company

Oh yes Rhoody
    I understand what he mean
    The law in Phils are exactly the same as in Thailand.. you can onw the house but not the land
    Its still possible for a foreigner to have a house -
    But no one - if they has a little bit isnide their heads. wil make any deals with a thai or a philipino - the risk to be fooled is simply to high...
    But am not talking about a company registered in the Philippines - but if you have a company in ur home country and that company can buy / invest in Phils or Thailand and if you have some philippinos invloved - then get them out.. they can be payed out
    That is the way it works and full legal in Thailand,,
    But I wil aks my friend the deails.. hes i nthe real estate busines
    But the best way to have a house there will probably let your GF find and rent it - for a Filippine price-- then we will see the real price and not the foreign price - which probably is 500 % higher !

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ...that must be the difference between Thai law (I am not familiar w/that) and the philippine law.
    A foreign company simply can't buy land. You need to incorporate here w/ 60% philippinio ownership (at least five incorporators). Whatever contract you have with the partners though, it will be 60% philippino owned.
    The foreigner can be the sole person of the bank account what allows him the total control the funds derived from the corporation and the income or sale of the asset or property.

6. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hell-no, no way to buy anything, the next lovely Island is only a container-load away and you did not even make it half of your lifetime in your own country without getting unhappy with that place

This is the advice I give everyone especially if you expect to live to a hundred.

You buy a partner a house well its a very good present. Its better to set her up in a business so she can look after her self when you have gone. The problem of buying a house is that the good neighbors can change, however one can look for one surrounded by lots of land and trees. lol

But in the end its you has to make the decision and like me when it all goes wrong you can only blame your self. The important thing is do you really want to blame yourself.

I have lived in many places and have found great value of being able to move with no complications find another nice place to live in, I have only found one reason to change Islands within 9 years and that's because Negros is a nice place to live if your not into girlie bars, lol. Though there are some here. Its the people and they are this islands best tourist asset.

My rent is 9500 Peso, a three large bedroom house in a nice friendly compound, nice garden and close to the city and beach. Of course I pay 2500 Peso more than a Filipino would pay a month for it but I like the owners smile.lol

Best wishes in romance and the pleasures of life and your choice for a home.