Dumaguete Info Search

How Are We Perceived Marrying a Young Filipina

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    I just use simple math to stay younger. If you are 60, your wife is 24. You add the two together = 84 divide by 2 = 42.... I am much younger now!! LOL
    Merry Christmas

2. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like your math.........and Happy New Year too...........

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    So maths is the answer?

I am 62 she is 44 So 6+2=8; 4+4=8 hey presto we are the same age and neither of are teenagers yet and our Dughter is older than Us at 11.
    Good Game this :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

4. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Just call it lucky or good fortune, or a much better way of life .. after all, you could be stuck in an old peoples home, with the gray rinse set, dreaming of Dean Martin or your next oldies Cruise ..

Those that are not in the Know, do not know .. Those that are in the know, know that no one else who is not in the know will never understand ..

Clear as mud ...

5. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My mother, who is 76 and a widow came to visit us here last January. After one trip to McDo, she remarked that the reason that there are no available old men in the States is because they are all here. I told her she can turn the tables and get herself a 20 year old pool boy, even if she does not have a pool. She replied she was not prepared to raise another child!

I am sure she went back to the states and when she got together with her other widowed friends she told them the place to find a man their age that is available is in The Philippines.

6. Sel

Sel DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL
    pkrbrad i like your math, well only age is old but not even show on our forehead lol,
    age doesnt matter, as the fililipino philosophy, its just a number, but just like a bananas, the skin looks too old lousy, but when you pilled them those bananas still young.
    my grandma was to clever as well, when i was asking her,
    granie 1+1? she said equals 2, then i said 2+2? she answered too quick. equals 4, so i said ok, bring down 3 carry 1? she asked me, what is that for? i said mathematics. then she pause a bit,
    then suddenly she said, oh its a DOG making PEE
    thats what she said GOD help me im still young on my 87 years of age.
    i can still count, she then wondered if she can remarried a young man, to pull back her age. minus half of 87 years old. hhaa

7. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I like your mother....wise woman, and I ask myself the same question every day. Are we prepaired to raise children when we are at the age of 60 and older. What about grandchildren...huuuuh even worse. If I was single and a little older I would ask your wise mother to merry me. What a lady!

Cheers,
    Ron

8. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Nice story, but we all know that age does matter here in The Philippines as evidenced by the help wanted postings at companies such as Emcor where the applicant needs to be between 22 and 26, a certain height, and with a "pleasing personality". Women have a shelf life here also in the love department. After 30 they are considered "over the hill", as evidenced by 60 year old virgins all over the place who never married. My wife has a college classmate that is drop-dead gorgeous, 33, educated, employed, and a virgin. she can't find a mate here and is looking abroad to find her happiness. I think she would also like to get laid, too.

Interesting observation.. You are a Filipino and you refer to your lola as granie and grandma?

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Just Because!

:rolleyes: That's so us foreigners know what he is talking about!:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

10. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Unfortunately for us, most of us already know about kuya, ate, lolo, lola, tito, tita, mama, and tatay as they have a hand in our pocket on a regular basis until we get smart and island hop where it is not easy for them to find us.

We have lived in the same house for almost 18 months and only recently put a lock on the gate- only to keep the wife's oldest sister out. The other sister came by the house the other night about midnight on her way back from Cebu and told us the oldest one was out in the street in front of our house. She gave her some fare and told her to go home because she knows the oldest one is banished for life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.