Dumaguete Info Search

How Are We Perceived Marrying a Young Filipina

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sel

Sel DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well not all the time, everywhere, i know 18 to 25 years old, with pleassing personality, its for applying jobs maybe, that what i know.not for looking a young man or young woman to be the companion, to share with, for life time
    well for granie, is where my grandma feels more younger when all of us calls her granie, and sometimes the old age they become like a baby, we do whatever maker our grandmother feels happy. we all think that make her smile all the time.
    lola.(for grandma)lolo (for grandpa) kuya and ate is a word of respect to call the older age. for filipino to call the names of older its no respect at all.
    well, alot said that fil alot f supersticious belief,
    i dont know,

2. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Sel,

Please expand on the superstitious beliefs I find them very fascinating.

3. Provider23

Provider23 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ride on,as long as you respect and are happy with each other,that's the most important part of the story.... be blessed, let them suffer for those who does not understand.......

4. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Anytime someone uses the word "ALL" when referring to people.....what follows is going to be bullshit
    As a guest in this country I avoid being critical of my host ..... whether it is true or not is immaterial....it is simply bad manners.

Now to the original question...... Any Filipina who is seen with you will have her reputation damaged to some degree (not all Filipinos feel this way but many do)..... I have written several columns on this ugly practice.... the general assumption is she is only with you because you have money..... They usually attack her in her language but never in your language..... they are cowards
    Filipinas are generally very sensitive and this hurts them more than it should.... but usually they suffer in silence, preferring not to upset you.
    There are some DOM ( "Dirty Old Man" ) relationships in Dumaguete City ....wives and girlfriends who are only there because of the money..... but there are many relationships that are based on REAL love..... mutual respect and genuine affection....
    There is not much we....as outsiders....can do about this ugly situation except be sensitive to our partners feeling and be good husbands, companions and guests.
    Maybe one day Filipinos will see we are not all wh*re mongers and drunks

5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,150 / 230
    :D hehehe, Only joking Kojak,
    You are right, some guy's are here for different reasons to others.
    Let's hope the good reasons out weigh the bad.....JB

6. Provider23

Provider23 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you kojak for your remarks......Majority of Filipinos does not see you as wh*re mongers and drunks...the magic words is RESPECT... respect your neighbor and he will respect you. who is your neighbor?.. the person next you... tks

7. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I now understand why my wife always says, "God Morning My Respectful and Lovely Man". in addition she says " Thanks for not being so respectful in bed.... I love the way you are"! Now I understand why she respects me so much. LOL

Cheers,

Ron

8. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    You are the foreigners I have been writing about....those that respect Filipinos and appreciate the privilege of living this close to paradise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.