Dumaguete Info Search

how many non locals?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by up2u, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumisid

Sumisid DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am one of the rare species here who is female and a westerner. I agree that I've met a lot of strange expats here during the last 12 years. I've been living here permanently for one year now, before, it was long holidays, twice to three times a year.
    I don't want to go into a big discussion here, but I want to tell you about one experience my husband (also from Switzerland like me) and I had a few years ago. Sitting at the boulevard in the evening, I think I don't have to mention where, at that time, there was only one place you could go. After 10 minutes we were so ashamed about some of the guys there, grabbing the a... of the waitresses as if it's included in the beer-price, we left immediately.

Still, as Rhoody mentioned, it's a great place to live and you just have to look the other way sometimes. I like the local people here and their friendly and outgoing way.

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Do the bar maids still wear those sexy uniforms, short skirts :D
    not that I was looking.

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Yes they are still in their sexy outfit in high heels.....:D :D :D

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    GULP!!! OH MY WORD :D

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    actually as it is quite cold at the moment, the short skirt changed into a longe Sarong, .... Jimeve, I look at them, thats one of the reasons why I go there somtimes for a coke-light. on top I think its one of the best locations in Duma and the music is more my tast than in other places (Stones, Joe Cocker...)

Sumisid, I also observing that touching quite some times... Sad enough that one cse was by a Expat who lifes since many years here in Dumaguete...

cheers

Rhoody

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well put, I like the bvld, as a venue, When I lived there temporarily in a hotel was when I ran into the ugly foreigner attitude everyday, not from all visitors, but the few that you hear, The 7:30AM beer drinkers, the Peso millionaires, etc. make you ashamed to be associated in the same catagory.
    But it makes the atmosphere diverse and all in all everyone hangs out and can enjoy, I just don't so much any more. It's what is here, and every kind can and does enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.