Dumaguete Info Search

How to Improve Dumaguete as a Tourist Destination?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by SteveB, Apr 22, 2013.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with you, I hate that pier with all the trike hagglers and the porters grabbing my luggage. Even at the airport you get hassled,
    but not as much as the pier.

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Maybe so. But old usually means savvy. If you suddenly get caught short, try wiping your butt with a smart phone. :wink:

3. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keeping it clean is a good idea, garbage everywhere drives me crazy and would disattract a tourist for sure.
    Improving the level of service in hotels, restaurants and shops would make a tourist's impression much better.
    My suggestsion also is to develop a proper level of students exchange. I mean as far as this city has few universities they can invite more guests from at least Australia and New Zeland for a couple of weeks. To let the foreign students stay at Philippino's houses and than to have a return invitation abroad. This will atract more young ppl to the city and what is useful-they share information quickly, they can make a good advertisement to their friends if they enjoy staying here.
    Would be lovely also to create an annual event like a sort of music festival or smg.

4. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totally agree, well said.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They do have some Australian nursing stidents come and teach/help out at the local colleges. The education here isn't good enough to be bringing in education tourists....unless they can sucker their parents into it. :wink:

6. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The programme I'm talking about is mostly about communication and sharing experience than studying.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ah, well they already do a bit of that. I will be shuttling some Aussie nurses around dumaguete in the next couple months.

8. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Everyone knows Session Road.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Where/what is Session Road. Sorry, I'm a newbie here (only 10 years) so not that familiar with the area. Is that is Dumaguete?

Larry

10. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Baguio.......