Dumaguete Info Search

How to land a job in the US!!!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by archon_manofsteel, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hey Archon,
    Are you willing to consider other options? Believe you me, not everything is a bed of roses here in the US. Allow me to relate to you the route taken by a cousin-in-law this time (sorry guys, here i go again).
    Tony was a Mech'l. eng'g. graduate way back in the early 90's. He took the board exams, however he failed to pass it. He jumped from one job to another for several years and failed to get his dream job due to his lack of a license. Frustrated, he applied for a worker position in a firm in Singapore. In short, he was hired and he and his wife (my cousin) together with their small daughter and lived there in a very small apartment for several years.
    Later, they applied for migration to Australia. Apparently, they had everything going for them. They were both young, in their 30's, both professionals (my cousin was a PT graduate, also failed to pass the board). However, since migration to Australia (like NZ and Canada) are based on a point system, their combined points qualified for migration. They were able to migrate to Australia (been there for 3 years now) and are living the good life. The good life meaning better than here in the US.
    I am relating this to you just to show you that there may be other alternatives to your dream of improving your lot in life other than the US.

2. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    seconded

its not always greener in US soil,

maybe archon, your greener pasture is in the middle of the dessert or offshore, hope you have good experience in mechanical engineering, i might be able to help if you have.

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hello Archen,
    I know for a fact that IN Australia, they are screaming out for builders,
    my nephew has started work (plasterer) hes gone to Perth for 12 months.
    I am thinking of going as well.
    Monies a bit sh*t though, but a lot more than Fils eh :wink:

4. OP
    OP
    archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Hello boyette, tnx for the afformentioned message that you posted. Tony and I have a lot in common (having not passed the board, working on a job which is non-related to my course). Honestly, im a bit frustrated also but I wont allow any set-backs to ruin my life thats why i took a job, publishing. But im grateful though. Living a passive life in dumaguete, 15K is big enuf of a salary. Even sent some to my parents for daily expenses, placed food on the table, paid dues, etc. Still, hope i cud be as pesistent as Tony coz i was thinking of my parent's health in the long run. I nid to have a job overseas that would hasten my savings in order to come up a sufficient amount which i might use for emergency case. Actually, wat i have in mind is not to have a wealthy life. I know it will come, if God-willing. But my priority is my family's health which should come first. I attended seminars for overseas job, here is wats holding me: its difficult for me being not licensed, have work experience but sadly its in a non-related course which it wont count (esp. in a point system like Canada), requirement of a settlement fund which I dont have (financial), etc. :( Still, im not stoping. I know all is not lost for me. Gotta have strong faith in God. I know things will happen in His time thats why im always looking for ways to reach my goals.

tnx guys, for all the posts! they're actually one of the things that encourages me push through my goals and to continue searching.

God Bless to all! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.