Dumaguete Info Search

How to land a job in the US!!!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by archon_manofsteel, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Boyette;
    Would you ask your cousin the cheapest way(non-agency) to get a job in Dubai? My cousin have been trying to apply for a job there but was asked lots of money to go there.

2. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Hi Gene,
    As far as i know, my cousin applied for a tourist visa to Dubai. Then he went there as a tourist and stayed with a friend. In a matter of two weeks, he was able to find an employer. Then, he had to go to a certain place to have his tourist status changed to that of a foreign worker.
    Dubai is still in need of a lot of workers, especially in the construction, hotel & tourism industry. The good thing is, one does not have to apply at an employment agency in order to get a job there. You just have to know someone who is already working there and who has a place for you to stay in the meantime you are searching for work.
    Does your cousin know anyone working in Dubai at the moment?
    That Gene, is the cheapest way i know of getting a job in Dubai. Hope I've been of help.
    Sorry if my response is a little sketchy. I will try to ask my cousin(s) the process they underwent and if it is still feasible until now.

3. Gene

Gene DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Boyette;
    Thank you for the response and information...You might have help to change somebody's life for the better!

4. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Gene,
    If ever your cousin has a plan of going to Dubai, he/she has to bring all duly-authenticated credentials with him. I think my cousins had their diplomas and transcripts of records authenticated at a certain office in Malacanang. Have him/her get the necessary police and NBI clearances too.
    Better yet, i may have to call one of my own cousins to find out how they did it. It may take a few days though since i don't know their tel. nos. in Dubai and i have to contact my other relatives.

5. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    agency

gene,

this is just an add-on to some of your queries, its good sometime to go for agency because they will be the one to prepare and look for the job in Dubai,and if lucky they were able to find you a job in a government own or controlled companies they will issue automatically residence visa. a rough estimate to be paid by the agency should not go beyond 200K(package deal, dawat ug liempyo imong cousin).

but if you choose the way boyettes cousin does, VISIT VISA that is good for two months, is not that expensive and not that hard to get, and would not even take sometime, its just quick, cost would be less that 300$.

it is advantageous on that scheme if your cousin has friend and relatives their,because once his there, he has to double his time to look for work before the Visit Visa expires, if not then he has to exit either in Oman or Kish in Iran, then apply another 2 month visit visa.

6. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Gene,
    i guess India was able to explain the process better than i did... me personally, it is always preferable if one passes thru POEA. At least, when things go awry, you will have the backing of the government. mind you, even those who complied with all legal requirements encountered problems as a result of violations of the work contract, or abuses made by the employer, etc. , how much more if you got your overseas job as a direct hire?

7. gray268

gray268 One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    VIF teachers to America

Hello,
    I live in America. My wife filipino... her family in Negros. I am a school teacher. There has been a program for math and science teachers ... in the past they have hired philippine teachers and some are actually at my school. It's a three year program. The organization is called VIF visiting international faculty. They pay anywhere from $45,000 to $60,000 usd each year salary. If I remember correctly, they did their hiring thru interviews in manilla. VIF is based in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. but they had headquarters in Australia for the recruiter of the Philippines. I think if you go to VIF in google search you should find someething... I don't know the status on hiring new Philippine teachers but it might be worth a look. I know there was an initial online application to get your foot in the door.
    God Bless and good luck.

8. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hey Gray,

Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks for the input. It may help somebody out there who is considering employment in the US (most especially Archon who started this thread).

9. Justin Case

Justin Case DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey, I'm from the US, if you make it over to Oregon you can have my old job.

Unless some Mexskin already taken it.

10. OP
    OP
    archon_manofsteel

archon_manofsteel DI Forum Adept Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Blood Type:
    B+
    hello boyette, uhmmm.. i check the VIF thing but its not for me. Its nids a 4-yr experience in teaching which is not my field of interest or related to my course. Still, i desiminated the info to my teacher friends. :smile: tnx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.