Dumaguete Info Search

How true is it

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by IndaysaCebu, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hi stefan
    the healers in siquijor are really good guys
    some of them practicing old herbalmedicins who are better then every drugstoreshit witch is used from tv influenced advertisingsbelieving peoples
    back to the roots doesnt mean its bad god healers there do also very good lymphmasages
    cheers

2. Stefan

Stefan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to clerify a bit.

I have no disrespect on herbal medicine whatsoever since I am aware of that many drugstore pills are based upon the findings of chemicals in herbal medecine from all over the world. And that many times the herbal drug workd better that the synthesised one in our pills. And ofcource no disrespect to people that might have generations of knowlegde of herbal medicin in their practic of it.

But I am also aware of that the "witchdoctor show" where they are appear to operating on people taking out bloody "things" are a skilful show. Where they use hidden intestants from chickens and pigs are made to look as it comes from the patient. The sick patient might be a strong beliver and some time a strong belive can make people better or even in miracle cases, completly well again.

Still It would be fun to travel around in Siquior and explore the place with our native friend. The people I talked to about siquior island all recomendsa visit to the island.

Stefan

3. kyliegriffin

kyliegriffin DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The witchdoctors who give shows are not from Siquijor island as they claim to be. They are fakes who want to earn money by showing off fake stunts. Witchdoctors, no matter how weird they are, still wish to have a claim to that normal life where people do not condemn their very beliefs. So they go on with their lives, healing only those who trust in their faiths.

Do not be scared visiting the island. You will find it to your very liking as the people there are very hospitable and accommodating as is the nature of Filipinos.

4. chris

chris DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The island does have that reputation. Maybe in part it has to do with the 'Albino gene' found in the local population.

White hair, red eyes, ghost-white skin..., a scary sight to off-islanders no doubt.

Met a lady on the ferry who showed partal traits --fair skin, blond, slate-blue eyes..., pure philipina.

chris

5. sailene

sailene DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Hi.. Where in san Juan specifically and what is the name of that lady?

6. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    If my recollection is right, we were in Tambisan. Sorry, I don't know the name of the lady. This visit was 40 years ago. (I had fun drinking "guhang" late afternoon and eating their sauteed "salawaki":D).

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    If you want to believe in it, then believe, if you don't then you won't, bit like ghosts etc I suspect. See thread about the "Great Barroro"!:D

8. sailene

sailene DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello... how's your visit last april 2009?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.