Dumaguete Info Search

i am not a diver but...

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by culumbinus, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    i need a scuba tank. i am into high pressure air precision airgunning. we call that pcp -precompressed pneumatic. i dont hunt, just compete in local matches here. where can i find a good second hand scuba tank here in dumaguete? or perhaps it is more practical to just rent. do dive shope rentout tanks to non divers? i need 2000psi to 3500 psi. in pcps, when a tank has 2000psi left, it is more or less considered empty and needs to be refilled. thanks.

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I have several portable medical oxygen bottles that I have been considering using for this very purpose. They are smaller than dive tanks, being about 2 liters in capacity. I would like to talk with you. Please email me at shadownseiko at yahoo dot com.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    are those rated at 3000 psi or above? smaller tanks are very well suited during competitions. i am sure though about the issue of having hydro tests on oxygen tanks. i will contact you. thanks

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    theres no problem to rent tanks i got some and there are some other places that rent tanks to us other shops and also local divers

5. OP
    OP
    culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    what are your rental rates?

one shop i went to, when he found out that i am not a diver, told me he can rent his tank only for a day. a day to consume a 3300 psi fill of air? that is why i am looking elsewhere still.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    why you don't just buy one, they are not that expensive and you can let it fill here for 100 Peso or so. Safes a lot of running around and nerves

7. OP
    OP
    culumbinus

culumbinus DI Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 20
    because they sell a brand new standard luxfer for about 9k pesos maybe more after other charges. i am not ready for that amount up front. i might as well go for a 10k high pressure hand pump if that's the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.