Dumaguete Info Search

I am so tired of hearing Expats complain.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Teacher, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajixh

cajixh DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    understanding..

I'm new so ill just say what i have in mind..

I understand if why some Expat complain, I'm also a Filipino myself and I do complain sometimes, But I live in the Philippines which has 7,000 something Islands, which has 77 or more dialects, 5 of those dialects I have heard the rest not, 2 of those I can speak, 3 I can hardly understand. Even going to other Islands or other part of the big Islands is like being in another country, Ive been in Cavite and met some people from Benguet and Oh boy do I feel I wasnt in the Philippines.

Some Pinoys complain some do not and each of them have their own reasons for that.. But you cant compare the west from the east....

Complaining has its consequences good or bad.. and some people don't want to risk it, until they have no choice..

2. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    It is like this

Cajixh the problem is most of us have heard these problems a thousand times and they seem to act like it is the Filipino’s fault they are unhappy. When they are the ones who pick the Philippines to live. I am an expat I love the Philippines. You and I both know the problems here but for someone to sit there and point fingers but do nothing. Just a little tired of hearing it. And looking down on Filipinos really makes us mad..

3. cajixh

cajixh DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ah ok now I understand :D

By the way Cajixh is not my real name, I got the Cajixh name from MOngolian, it means wind, or the essence of movement, they got no "wind" in their language only they describe wind by its movement.. and that's what I want to be, free like the wind...

anyway point taken.. :D

4. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sometimes I wonder if I visited another country or maybe I just attract it or maybe I start to get handier in moving around in the country.

1. Sort of every Fillipino I met when I visited last time was complaining about something, from corupt trafic controllers, gasoline prices, security, to too much labour protection and in general about corruption and politics/politicians.

2. I did not meet many expat/tourist who complained about the country (much).

5. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Guess you mean 'standing up for themselves'? I guess it is more common for westerners to go out and demand their rights and confront the local politicians. But than a bullet in the head if you are a nuisiance is a risk in the Fillipines, last local ellections had 2000 casualties I believe.

Part is small town behaviour as well I guess, if you live somewhere you are stuck with these ppl and have to consider long term relations more, small conflicts can turn into live long feuds.

6. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Arie Thanks

I so happy that I not alone in this battle with the crotchety old folks or would it be better to say cantankerous old men. Or maybe grumpy old men? Or one of these terms:
    1. Bad tempered
    2. Irritable
    3. Difficult
    4. Crusty
    5. Crabby
    6. Touchy
    7. Surly
    8. Short tempered

Does anyone know at what age a person becomes unforgiving of his fellow man and well not accept change not matter where they are? Oh by The way I am sorry if I appear irritated I am not really just a little frustrated with people that should know better but still act out of ignorance.

7. Sky6king

Sky6king DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too, I'll bet they complained where the came from too

8. happytobehere

happytobehere DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    go girl, glad you said it. I am surprise at the whining and complaining by these "guests" they should all just go home and check their accounts if they can still afford to live in their home country. and dont let them back here ! !

9. happytobehere

happytobehere DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am surprise they are here? why dont they go home? let them pack up and go, the filipinos would be happier without having to see dirty old ugly men with grumpy faces and bad temper ! they are a happy people here and the ugly bad tempered ones dont fit here !

10. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    a bit easier on the old grumpy crew, you have not walked in their shoes. they obviously do deserve some criticism

alot of them whine, but u only have to move a few meters away from them.
    a complainer is detectable by the first sentence he makes. the clues are self centred conversation topics, inward looking, obsessive focus on single issues, mistrust of others and of course a bored look. all easy to identify so just ignore them.

using back of a envelope, statistically analysis from dumaguete boulevard, it looks like we all have a 50-50% chance of ending up that way, to some degree.
    anybody that invents a method of avoiding this grumpy disposition, can have 10% of everything that i will ever earn/own* (*does not include my bicycle) - you can be as rich as the Scientology church.

if i ever start pulling teenage angst rants about public services and processes - shoot me, i will know that the fun of life's great adventure has left the building, ladies and gentlemen

there are lots of thing about getting old that younger people do not understand, they happen so gradually, i doubt if old folk notice themselves let alone can articulate the change.

post note
    (asia will always has a high proportion of expat complainers, as it attracts quite a few escapists, who would be miserable anywhere)

yours sincerely
    peter pan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.