Dumaguete Info Search

I Got To Get Out Of Here

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by grandpainak, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Jed you are right our system does have tons of flaws. But whether discussing our system or another if you do not talk openly about it nothing is going to change, to be silent is to accept the status quo and many of us have been around too long to just be sheep. So sit back, observe and learn.

2. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    i agree that people need to speak out, and if you think that the PI government monitor sites like this.... hahaha it'll be there most high tech venture ever!!

but to think that the american legal system or the UK, that i'm more accustomed to don't favour the rich, is a little naive, how do you think large corporations win cases? they throw money at it, delaying it, until you run out of money or steam, and lose the will to win, i'm not saying they win every time, but it's an example of how the rich go about winning in a flawed legal system.

3. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    So....Maybe McDonald's isn't a big enough corporation or perhaps they hadn't throw in enough money into their case when the little old lady that spilled a cup of hot coffee end up walking away with their half a million bucks? Not that I agreed with the verdict but it goes to show that in the US some jerk-offs can still win in court against an oversize giant with a bottomless pocket.

Sure most rich folks have an advantage in court just because they can hire the best attorneys to represent them. But if you have decent evidence supporting your case, chances are the US court will still do right by you. But saying the US justice system is just as corrupt or similar to Phils is simply ridiculous.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    This kind of stuff are all cases where a "big spender" and law firms are standing in the background. Thats a pretty old marketing tool and works fantastic in countries which are HiTech addict (TV and Internet) and believe all that...

Jenny, I can tell you that quite some people from the City government looking (Idon't say monitoring) DI, some are even members.
    There are other forums and boards in the PI which are really monitored by government officials. That's one of the reason (next to that we are basically a information site) that we close down threads if they get too political, religious and and and

5. jedclintock

jedclintock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess it's easy to be misinterpreted on forums. My post was largely saying, don't criticize your hosts methods of raising their children when invited to their house to eat.
    It's called manners, not whether the U.S. is a good place, or whether the Philippines is perfect, it is not my place to change the Philippines system as a foreigner.
    It seems typically imperialistic for some of my fellow Americans to assume we need to "improve" every place else on earth. We are guests here I think, last I checked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.