Dumaguete Info Search

I love the Tagalog news on ABS-CBN

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by KTM, Nov 21, 2008.

1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    We've found mentioning a couple relatives or lawyer friends speed things along. Don't know why...but it seems to turbo-charge their efforts...

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    But getting back to the original subject. We watch ABS-CBN news on the SBS network here in Oz. Get it five days a week, very early though so record it on the DVD-R's hard drive and play it back in the evening. I see Bayawan has some impressive Christmas decorations downtown today. Also, quite like Korina Sanchez. What a voice. And what a woman..... Love it in the Philippines when she has a new victim in the hot-seat and makes him squirm....Great entertainment.

That's one great thing about the Philippines now. They used to rob the public with impunity a couple decades ago. Now there is a lot more scrutiny and publicity. Some day there will also be retribution to match the crimes.

3. jesusitshot

jesusitshot DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I looked at that chart, and it was related to the Most recent corruption, this list goes up and down and really does not relate to how much corruption goes on such as bribes under the table and the amount of dishonesty amongst the people and between local government and businesses.

The reality is that you do not have to bribe someone to get a business license or concerning tax issues or pay more because of the color of your skin in UK. The Philippines does have a big corruption problem even though mos people here are very honest.

Yes corruption at very high levels do happen in the west and should be viewed in any argument but its actual a lot harder to be corrupt out side the third world countries. Its easier to get away with corrupt practices within the third world. Some foreign business men here also are corrupt and don't pay the right taxes here in the Philippines they are good at using a corrupt system as well.

We however should never blame the people here and tar them with the same brush the honest Filipino's out weigh the dishonest ones by far. I have lost count of the times I have accidentally drop money on the floor or left my change and had a kind soul chase me up the road to give me my money or change. In every country in the world there are dishonest corrupt rouges, the Philippines is no different than any other the problem here is corrupt political clans and small time government officials that live on corruption.

Great Britain was 11th today on the list with Sweden in first place.

4. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    emerging nation

There is debate over the appropriateness of the term third world I think they like to call it emerging nations these days. LOL:D