Dumaguete Info Search

I need tips to enjoy dumaguete and siquijor

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by jenniedc, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi John Boy,

I've stayed in Casa dela Playa last March for a week. It's nothing fancy, but found it reasonable. I stayed in the a/c cottage that had a double bed, a single bed and a small fridge. Their non a/c cottages have its own kitchen. No TV's! But hey, what do you need TV for if you've got the whole beach to enjoy!

Food in their restaurant is ok, but small portions (at least for me, since Im used to big servings here in the US). What we did was to get food from the market and have them cook it for us. In some mornings, some fishermen walk by and sell their fish. We bought some and had the kitchen cook it as well. I have to say, they cook well. Remember to plan your meals ahead of time and let them know what time you want to eat. They take quite a bit of time, but worth the wait. Try their Coco Loco cocktail! It's the best Pina Colada version I've ever had. They make it with fresh coconuts, straight from the tree! My hubby doesn't even want to taste any other pina colada after having that.

There are other resorts that seem to have more recreational activities like Coral Cay and have wider beach, but they're priced a bit higher. I go to Siquijor for peace, relaxation and good food. I get all that in Casa.

2. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My wife and I stayed at Casa de la Playa in April. We had reservations for the Air con cottage, but it was occuppied and the only one left had no A/C, just a fan. It was supposed to have hot water but it wasn't hot at all, in fact that may have been the coldest shower I've ever had.

We ordered our food at the restaurant and it took one and a half hours to get it. Of course it was good, we were starving.:smile:

Take the advice and get a motor bike for travel, it will be much cheaper and available when you get ready to move around. Don't take the multi-cab from the pier, they will rip you off.

The beach is nice with white sand.

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Thanks Muddyfeet and Seabee
    Sure the info will prove helpful, decision time is drawing near.
    regards john

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.