Dumaguete Info Search

I want to lean scuba diving

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by Bayoyoy3443, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DivingDane

DivingDane DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Rhoody

Please don't say the instructor cut standards or safety. He d*mn well didn't, he has never done so, and he never will. I would know, as I am said handsome charming instructor gentleman! :smile: I can also guarantee I most certainly DID NOT work for free. This is also something I can guarantee I have never done, nor will I ever. :smile: I have even been known to accept tips as well!

Harold employed other instructors beside me. I of course only speak for myself; I have no knowledge of how much commission the other guys earned nor of their teaching standards.

@Bayoyoy - If you can wait a couple of months, you're welcome to get a couple of friends, write me a mail and I'll give you a sweet deal in June, when I return to Dumaguete.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... and I thought it was
    not last time you worked :wink:

I didn't say you broke standards - with safety I talk about things like a proper first aid kid and oxygen kit available.
    pricing is simple math:
    5500 peso crewpack (unless sold for wholesale-price, where we would be back to standards)
    1000 php for tanks
    600-1000 Sanctuary fees
    plus running costs (cars,staff,transportation, maintained equipment without blowing hoses etc.)

Harold is a good friend of mine, maybe he does charity work when selling diving, can't judge that but with the simple numbers, 12k isn't realistic.

3. DivingDane

DivingDane DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Whatever man. I don't want this to deteriorate into a pricing workshop. I'm perfectly happy to let you have the last word...

...even if you're wrong =)

/ Soren

4. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you want to dive , do it on the right way and yes it cost some money and if you dont have that, dont dive.

Greetings J.Diver

5. bull shark

bull shark DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The same certification here in West Central Florida would cost so much more than in the RP.

I am still in shock from my ex-wifes father's ability to free-dive deep, and I mean deep, also with only a mask and spear/speargun.

6. taginvis

taginvis DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey bayoyoy, if your looking for a couple of people, mind if I tag along?

7. OP
    OP
    Bayoyoy3443

Bayoyoy3443 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :confused: Now what is happening here???

8. OP
    OP
    Bayoyoy3443

Bayoyoy3443 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure man. As long as you can wait. I'm still very busy with my work. :D

9. gigi

gigi DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could I work for someone who teaches Scuba diving and get a free lesson from them. If i get lucky enough someone will teach me how to scuba dive and i will work for them as a scuba diver instructor or the actual scuba diving itself. I would be lucky for sure!
    I could swim good and fast learner.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.