Dumaguete Info Search

id needed to board oceanjet?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Outcast, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    TUT, TUT, "O" ye of superior knowledge, :bookworm: compounding the issue is no excuse for Not reading the Title properly :troll: :thumbsup:

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    The website does mention in the FAQ that you need an ID to check-in. Maybe there are multiple methods of checking in.

I does make sense that the ferry would require an ID to board. Governments like to know about movements of people and money. It's also good to know who's on board in case of problems. What may be lacking in these cases is strong enforcement of the expectation. Maybe some locations strongly require ID and others don't?

I could imagine this ID situation being a problem. If you need an ID to travel, but you need to travel to get an ID, what do you do?

If you were in a pinch, printing a fake ID would be easy. You could probably flash a fake international driver's license and the person taking the tickets likely wouldn't care. As I said in a previous post, I have seen a foreigner provide a laminated copy of a passport as ID to receive money from WU.