Dumaguete Info Search

If you think medical care in Philippines is bad, Look at this.

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Teacher, Jun 13, 2009.

1. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    quit smoking,lose weight and get some more regular exercise. Even walking. You have the same exact signs that I had before my 7 heart attacks lest Dec. Try to control it before its too late. I was really lucky,by right I shouldn't even be here right now.And be careful around alcohol P.S. red wine is the worse for gout or swollen ankles

2. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    That's not gout! Biker Dave has it right. Shortness of breath, swollen ankles, heart palpitations are all signs of coronary problems. Been there, in fact, am there. I am a retired Doctor of Oriental Medicine, board certified in acupuncture and Chinese herbs, and I will tell you that you need an MD. Traditional medicine is great for many things but when it comes to the ticker you want western meds. There is a reason that the Chinese refer to western medicine as big medicine

3. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    You Are Right

It is not gout. I checked it out and this is not gout. So I will start my new life style this week. I went for a walk last night. There are so many things to stop cold turkey. :eek: But at this point I am in fear of my mortality. So needless to say I will heed your advice gentlemen. I know I spend too much time sitting around lately I am always tired. Why is it people never do anything until they have too?

4. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    What do you think about a crash diet?

I thinking of a crash diet or fast, just take fluids for a week of two? is it safe with my health at this point? Bikerdave, Kenny??????

5. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Stop smoking. Get a check up at a modern medical facility. Follow the advice of the MD. Don't go on a crash diet but try to cut back on the salt and fat to start with. Vegies are you friend. Continue the walking but don't push it to hard until your doc gives you the ok. And did I mention stop smoking.
    Kenny

6. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Stop Smoking

Stop Smoking. Get a check up at a modern medical facility. Don't go on a crash diet, modify, cut back on salt and fats to start. Veggies are your friend.
    Continue walking but don't push it until you have an ok from your doc. You have correctly identified the probable cause of your problem as life style. It took you quite a while to get where you are. Don't try to reverse everything in a few weeks. Crash diets and radical exercise programs are likely to do more harm than good. Ask your doc about bicycling. It is a wonderfully efficient form of exercise that puts less impact stress on the joints than jogging or even walking. And did I mention Stop Smoking.
    Kenny

7. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Does that mean....

No Coke light? Someone said it had a lot of salt.. I am not really sure. I wish I could find Indian spices. Because I love to eat Indian food. But I haven't seem any in Taiwan as of yet...:( that would make veggies my friend..:cool:

8. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    You know what really sucks is that just when you reach the time of life when you can kick back and enjoy it they tell you to stop doing all the things that make it enjoyable.
    Kenny

9. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Teacher...you might want to consider a daily bit of aspirin as well. Google it on the web but it does have some beneficial effects on heart disease. If you have high blood pressure, allergy to it, or gastric problems you probably shouldn't take it. Anyway, see a real quack soon as - and we hope you get fixed up whatever the problem is...

10. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Normally its baby aspirin it thins the blood 80 mg should do. Cut out the carbs and fatty food for a while your weight will go down eventually with that and exercise.I dropped 75lbs in 6 months. Oh yeah the biggest problem no more beer or alcohol.I currently walk 10 km almost every evening. Hope you will feel better teach