Dumaguete Info Search

If you think medical care in Philippines is bad, Look at this.

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Teacher, Jun 13, 2009.

1. israelidancer

israelidancer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a quintuple bypass in Concord, CA ten years ago. I felt good for years. They took the graft out of my left leg. My ribs were wired shut I think. About 5 months afterwords I felt an itch in my right side. Soon a pimple appeared. Maybe 8 inches below the axilla. Then a wire started to appear. I shouldn't have pulled but I pulled it out. It was about 16 inches long. I went to my primary doctor and he said it was very unusual but probably was a "guide wire" used to measure during the bypass operation. I went back to Israeli and Contra Dancing. Also bike riding.

After 10 years, I am not too well. I have atrial fibrillation. If that can't be fixed with some new drugs (Coreg) then I think another bypass will be required.

Keith Johnson
    Concord CA
    sometimes Dumaguete

2. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    It just goes to show you...

It just goes to show you that you can get bad health anywhere. Not just in the Philippines. I think if it is your time it your time. :D
    But this is just how I see it.

3. Rich321

Rich321 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, Teacher, a lot of people live their lives with that thought (When it's your time, it's your time). However, in my later years, I have come to modify that thought process- I think we can alter that time line in our favor by doing certain logical things. Stop smoking, for instance, eat better food, stay away from those greasy foods.
    We can clearly add years to our lives by taking a simple 81mg aspirin a day (baby aspirin). That one does not take a lot of effort but can add a lot of benefit. Stopping smoking after many years is a b*tch, I am sure.
    Still, bottom line, If you can afford it, I certainly would visit a heart professional and schedule a cardiac stress test or what ever they call it in your neck of the woods. It could save your life ...
    Think of it as you would your car. I doubt if you would just drive your car until it ran completely out of oil and the engine seized up. Having a heart stent installed is a lot like getting a car tuned up -- it runs better afterwards. Take care --Rich--

4. OP
    OP
    Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    well I do agree with you in part..

Well I do agree with you in part. But from my experience in life it is not always up to you..My father died when he was 37 and my grandfather on my father side passed on at 42. My grandfather on my mother’s side died at 50 something but that was black lung. Then I have my Grandmother she smoked until she was 70 before she stopped she didn’t pass until she was 86.

I went to the doctor and was checked out and my problem is the lack of activity I needed more exercise. The long periods sitting in front of the computer cause my legs to swell. I have slowed down my computer work but it is hard because I have exams to write and they take hours due to graphics. I don’t think my body was made to just set around I have to keep physically active or I will suffer from health problems. So not smoking does make it easier to be active. So my big problem I’m a lazy boy..:rolleyes:

5. Dennis

Dennis DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI I don't know if you take any blood pressure or cholestral (spelling) meds but they will cause water retention at the ankles. Lipitore was my problem, I changed meds and it went away.

6. lesmbro

lesmbro DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Heart problems are usually caused when the liver, and kidneys are not working properly but, if you take artichokes, or dried apricots, the liver will be cleaned in a few hours. I suggest you read about nutritional immunology. Soy helps produce more insulin, and ginseng, and Aloe Vera are excellent. Walking is also the best. Hope this get through ti you.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I'm quite certain that Lee Plaza is suddenly going to get a run on dried apricots, so that when I get there there will be "no stock"!

:wink:

Larry

8. lesmbro

lesmbro DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Don't stop eating. Sart eating the right things. Cut down on acidy foods, and ncrease on alcali. Drink green tea, and peppermint tea - lots of fruit and veg are also good. On the other hand, all four legged animal food, is acidy, whereas, chicked and fish are better.
    Read about macro biotic foods, which gives a table of acid/alcali contents of your daily intake.

9. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Hey, Teach I just found this thread today. How are you feeling? Do you still have this problem? I hope it has resolved and that you are in a much better health.

10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yes it's been quite a while since Teacher has been here. Usually checks in regularly and a frequent poster. Hope he's ok.....