Dumaguete Info Search

importing a new or used motorcycle

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by David Finlay, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Kbiker

Kbiker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's an old Yam FJ1200 - haven't rode it yet...it's waiting for me in dumaguete!

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    hehe when you need to borrow tools come on by

3. Kbiker

Kbiker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great! Thanks for the offer... I may take you up on that... I'll be in Dumaguete on the 22nd, but will have to head back to the bay area on the 4th... Maybe next time around, we can get together... planning to take another vacation 2010!

4. kenburns

kenburns DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Import Motorcycles

Here is some info, I was talking to some of my 1%er friends over in Alcoy/Guiwang. They told me they can help out to get bikes registered for a couple hundred dollars, by a guy in Cebu. I'm only sending over a Sportster in a rigid frame that I have about $3500 into. Two boxes are under $200 per box. The question is, if you have a much more expensive bike are you willing to take the chance...I think not. I would not hesitate to send over motor cross, or enduro's in boxes, even a few smaller bikes. I plan to send it after I return from the Phils in January. I will post how it turns out. Any added info will be greatly appreciated.

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Import tax, re-registration, emission tests! ???

:eek: Ken! is it really all worth the hassle? A BIKE is a Bike!:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

6. vespachic

vespachic DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    importing motorcycles

hello kermit,

i saw your post on pulling apart bike parts to ship to philiippines as spares and then putting them together and reg them in philippines. i'm thinking of doing that on a vespa scooter that i want to purchase from the US. can you hook me up with your friend who does it or if he can at least tell me how to go about it... i'd really appreciate it. thanks

7. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Leave me your emails guys...i can help you out find a good guy with that, not expensive way of sending it here to PI...... hes one of the head in customs... :P

8. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its all well and good to have friends in customs and friends at the LTO but just don't sit around your beers at night complaining about corruption in the PI when the day is done...

9. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh and a couple of hundred dollars to get a bike through LTO? That sounds a little expensive. I just got a multi cab licensed without the proper papers for an extra p1,500

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    mmmm I Wonder?

:eek: And We hear so much about Corruption! I wonder where it Starts and Stops?

Jack P.