Dumaguete Info Search

importing a new or used motorcycle

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by David Finlay, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you mean in terms of my own behavior? I would never claim to be above utilizing it but I do understand that I am contributing. I guess I just see a disconnect with some that only view corruption as the stuff that works against them, it does not include all the handy stuff they take advantage of.

and I would add it starts with my wife that will complain about corruption but does not see using an acquaintance at the LTO to one's advantage as corruption at all, she looks at me like I have lost my mind for even questioning it..lol

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Bounty, I hear you and understand what you say BUT we all say that and so it starts. Small today and then it spirals :wink: Like Charity, it starts at home.

Jack P.

3. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea agreed, its a difficult thing to come to terms with and it does start with each one individually. I will say this, I met a immigration official in Cebu that wanted me to come to him personally for my visas and even though it would have saved me not only money but time as well I never thought seriously about doing it.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :rolleyes: One would always wonder WHAT! was it for them. I think I would always be looking over my Shoulder :eek:

Jack P.

5. vespachic

vespachic DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sending motorbikes/ scooter to phils

my email is toni.macalino@gmail.com ... hope to hear from you soon. thanks

6. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    A Filipino rider from Iloilo stopping in Dgte on his way back from the national motorcycle meet in Davao, told me that US Homeland Security is inspecting odd sized balikbayan boxes leaving the US for stolen motorcycles. He said leaving the title in the box with the frame in it solves the problem..

Fwiw

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Good Bye Bike!

:eek: Leave the Title in the Box, WITH the Bike! GOODBYE BIKE I think! :(

Jack P.!

8. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you know, I am looking at that again...Homeland Security searching outgoing balikbayan boxes for stolen motorcycles?...don't buy it...that's silly

9. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well then just send part of one in an odd sized box and try your luck. It was either leave the title or the registration in the box.

He also said Homeland Security is charging the owner of the container full of bbayn boxes $2500 per container.

He and some friends had recently sent some bikes from the US. Maybe their experiences override guess work by keyboard wizards?

10. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well your as much a "keyboard wizard" as anybody else here aren't you?...stolen vehicles are tracked by VIN numbers, not by titles or registrations

from an article regarding a recovered stolen motorcycle...

In the process of exporting a vehicle from the U.S., the vehicle’s identification number (VIN) is run through the database of the National Insurance Crime Bureau. After CBP discovered the Yamaha in the shipping container, CBP and the California Highway Patrol ran the bike’s VIN. The information received from the NICB revealed the bike was stolen in Long Beach in 1971.