Dumaguete Info Search

In Dumagute 1st Time

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by mike_7357, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Aha, ok. Thanks Pat. Kind of lost in translation, a different interpretation of a word used in the Queens English but with an alternative meaning in the English spoken in the colonies. :D:D:D

Homely to a Brit means cosy, comfortable, a feeling of well being; and in my description of Pilar and her cooking, it was meant to portray the kind of food that "mom used to make" and invoke happy memories from a far off childhood.

2. OP
    OP
    mike_7357

mike_7357 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Thanks for the advice guys i checked into Bay View Hotel near to the Boulevard very nice and not too bad a price 2000 for a suite incl breakfast.
    Where to start with Monarch Sands hmmm
    Its very far from anywhere and very difficult to get from the resort to the main road to get a bus into town each taxi wanted 1500 1 way managed to negotiate down to between 1000 and 1300.
    The room was open to the elements the fron wall didnt reach the ceiling so when u put the light on the room filled up with lots of bugs gr8 if u like 2 study bugs lol but even though i slept under a moaquito net i was starting to resemble a pin cushion with so many red dots over me lol. We were the only guests so no atmosphere bar closed at 9pm the lights went out leaving me to do what ??? The menu was very western and on 2nd morning no breakfast as cook had gone home lol.That wa slast straw so checked out. But my impression of Dumagute is very good , lovely people many nice places 2 visit and very very clean. I love it. Off to whale watch soon. Salamat for the replies cheers Mike

3. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    where the hell is the rustic sail inn???

4. guitarjohnjohn

guitarjohnjohn DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    excuse me !! meant to say tongo sail inn, and while im at it-- how about the atmosphere's location thanks JL

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Tongo Sail Inn.

The Tongo Sail Inn is located at Bonbonon at the southern tip of the island. Take the south highway towards Siaton. Before you get to Siaton you will see a large sign telling you to turn left for Tambobo Bay (7 km). Take this left turn. This road is called the Spanish Road. After the concrete section it gets quite rough and I would suggest only using it if you are travelling by motor bike or a 4WD vehicle with good ground clearance. At the end of the Spanish Road turn left opposite the church. Follow the road until it reaches the water. Turn right and travel through the boat-yard (also owned by the Tongo) and you will come to the Inn.

Alternatively, particularly if it has recently been raining, travel almost to Siaton. There is a hard left turn where you almost come back on yourself. Follow this road all the way, going past Monarch Sands, and you will come to the same church. Then keep going down to the water.

I can usually do the trip by motor bike in 50 mins - 1 hour.

If you just google Tongo Sail Inn there is lots of info and pictures.

Hope that's some sort of help.

Roger

6. Cutie ladybug

Cutie ladybug DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Mike, I would recommend Bethel Guest House. A walking distance to downtown etc..