Dumaguete Info Search

Incident in Dumaguete...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by garbonzo, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAYLEIGH

KAYLEIGH DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about the Rev., I am one of his fans who likes to look all his photo collections in this site & I enjoyed it alot. Hope he will have a speed recovery. Get well soon. Love & prayers from all of us here in DI.

P.S. I just hope this retired policeman will be shot!!! What a shame! my own kababayan!! By using his power(if he has) in a wrong way. :o

2. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    It seems the same in every culture. They often give the badge and gun to those who can least handle the responsibility.
    Kenny

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Rev - I hope you have a speedy recovery.

This piece of trash with a gun is no better than a common street thug, it is even more disgusting to see it is one who was formerly there to "PROTECT AND SERVE"

I sincerely hope Elumba is made an example of and that he will rot in jail until the end of his miserable days here.

4. The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    That would be too easy for him, life in jail here sounds more like the right solution.

If these were his actions in this case, then just imagine the abuse of power that took place when he was still in active duty...

Disgusting!

5. Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I thank all of you on DI for your thoughts and your prayers. I have always said that I travel with God and he was there to protect me from serious harm. This heartrending event took place on Friday morning just shortly after 11 in the parking lot of NORECO, in front of the guard station where he was present during the entire event and did nothing. After the retired policeman shot me in the thigh he tried to shoot me in the chest but his gun jammed. So he ejected the round and tried again. But again it jammed. He tried to clear it but it would not, so he gave up and put the gun away. God was with me. The gun could have not jammed and the second and third bullet could have killed me. If the bullet that he hit me with went an inch lower it would have shattered my knee cap. If it had went more to the right it would have hit my gas tank and that would have killed me. God was with me. I was sitting on my motorcycle about to leave when he came up and shot me. I won’t go into details here on the forum, but I do have a very good lawyer here and we are filing a few charges against the shooter and civil charges will also be filed.

There are a few bad apples in every barrel and I feel sorry for his family and I am praying for them and praying that the shooter gets the mental help he needs as well as removed from the streets. I feel this man is a danger to the community as well as to himself. All in all, I have a wonderful relation with the citizens of Dumaguete, and I don’t judge the city or the people by a single act, and I hope you won’t either. There are many good people here, but like many societies there are those that will not get involve but will stand back and watch as many did that day. But some men did step forward to help me off my motorcycle and into a petty cab, once the gun was taken from the man. One man (also a customer) stayed with me until my wife came to the hospital. I had wonderful care by the staff at Silliman Hospital, they all were nice, polite, respectful and very accommodating, I thank all of them, the security guards, the nurse’s aid, the nurses, and the doctors and they all have my respect. Remember, keep God in your heart, and take him wherever you travel. Things will happen but with God in your life, he will make a way.

6. AntiX

AntiX DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    All I can say is I'm glad you're ok and...

..wow.

7. sillimanian

sillimanian DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    To the good Reverend, you truly are an amazing person, and I'm bowled over by your capacity for forgiveness. Your unfortunate experience makes me cringe to realize how unfairly you have been treated by fellow Filipinos, Dumaguetenos at that: from the apathetic passersby to the useless security guard (you can press charges for this), and most especially by this Mr. Elumba, who clearly has self-esteem issues. Sad to say, but this Mr. Elumba is the epitome of the ignorant Filipino. By ignorant I don't mean uneducated, but insular. He feels he is a BIG FISH, albeit in a very small pond. This person is the classic example of the proud Filipino as SORE LOSER. Most westerners, when settling an argument, either have it out through verbal discourse, or settle it outside, mano-a-mano. When all is said and done, they shake hands and forget about it. With the likes of this Mr. Elumba however, take care not to win through discourse, or worse, in the fisticuffs. Yes, he will shake your hand, and he may, like the Noreco incident, even apologize. But you can be sure he will be back with his trusty paltik (knock-off handgun), with every intention to blow you to kingdom come.

8. The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I just put up a DIGG on this story here:

American Shot in the Philippines Because "He is So Big"

I urge all DIGG users to digg the story, the more attention we can bring to this matter, the bigger chance that the government here will HAVE to step in and do something.

If we get a lot of attention to this, then it will be a lot harder to wipe it under the carpet.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    by the way, it is easy to sign up there with your face-book account automatically..

10. Stakato

Stakato DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Under the thin covers of civilisation, is in every Philippino, still the wild Lapu Lapu. And only a strict justice could in the long Therm change this. The Rev. was shot because the Philippino had lost his face in his opinion. A very sound reason, it are been killed already people for this in the Philippinen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.