Dumaguete Info Search

Income Tax

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Kojak, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Before moving here I contracted a Las Vegas Tax Firm to handle my taxes....since I have gotten married....they have failed miserably.....They suggest I get a local tax company to handle the problem

I do not know of any such tax company ?????

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,549 / 1,017
    I'm not sure I would use a person here to do my U.S. taxes, even if such a person exists. There is nothing too unusual living here tax wise. You can claim your wife if she has an SSN or you can file the U.S. TIN form at the same time you file and you can claim her and get a tax id number. I used a Calif tax consultant but he was very expensive. If you didn't have stock sales or dividends it is really quite simple. By the way, you are late filing.

3. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    There has been problems getting the TIN..... Thought someone here might have had experience in that there are many Pinoy wives needing TINs

4. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Union Bank helped my wife get her TIN for our new account..

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,549 / 1,017
    If you are referring to a Philippines TIN, for U.S. tax purposes, a U.S. TIN or SSN is required in order to claim a wife on your tax return. Following is the web site explaining how to get a U.S. TIN. Taxpayer Identification Numbers (TIN)

6. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    THANK YOU.....at least that is a place to start

8. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    I will give it a shot.... The people I contracted to do my income tax are supposed to be "professionals".... do this for a living..... and yet could not get the job done in THREE YEARS..... ?????

They had no trouble cashing my checks and ignoring my emails.... but could not get my wife a TIN

9. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. OP
    OP
    Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    FIRST I want to thank all of your for your support.....this is a great start and maybe I can beat this thing yet

SECOND I want to thank Rhoody for blocking that unnecessary cheap shot I was given..... it shows that he can be fair and has the best interest of the forum at heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.